May Miles Mayhem!

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
Welcome one, welcome all! Here is a place to challenge yourself and set a goal for the month a May. We track the miles for the month and see how we did at the end. Anything that covers distance (biking, walking, running, crawling, hiking, kayaking, crawling, skipping... you get the idea) counts towards your total. It is up to you what you want to track.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lAZOo-iaw3pyTj_5HWhPWi5vsoccEmW9zVxQ9N-0Ngc/edit?usp=sharing

Replies

• mamarundrc
    Options
    Sorry this is a few days late. I have been traveling since Friday and had no access to a computer. My goal for May is 100 miles. I kind of stopped tracking in April but after this weekend I feel revived and am ready to bring my fitness to a new level.

What happened this weekend that has renewed that spark? I ran two races in two different states. The first was an OCR called Boldrdash on the Beach. It was ~4 miles with 30+ obstacles with 2 of those miles being running in the sand. It was a great race and I managed to place 326/1035 (124/571 females) It was a great feeling to know I was on the faster side of average, approaching the elite runners times. The second races was a 5K OCR to race money for a scholarship that will allow inner city kids to attend a summer camp where they would get to experience hiking and kayaking and other activities that their families can not provide for them due to financial circumstance. It was a straight shot 300 ft up the side of a hill and then back down to some flat trails. There was about 15-20 obstacles and even with incredibly dead legs I managed to place 185/427. This has made me realized that if I actually got my nutrition straightened out and restricted my indulgences a little more and got a little more serious about my training, I could actually be pretty damn good at Obstacle course racing. I have ~5 weeks until my next fun race (zombie charge) and 6 until my next "competitive" event. My hope is by then I can see some improvements in what I am able to do on the course.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Great job this weekend. Those types of races are tough. I'm still behind in miles and they just keep piling on but I'm determined to make my goal for the year. Only 4 weeks of school and I can run in the mornings again. My goal for May 150. Seems ambitious but I'm going to keep chipping away.
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    "Vocal" declaration of 60 miles in May. I am half-way into my C25K (starting week four this week). now, i just need to find a race to reward completion! Thanks for providing the challenge!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This will be my first time doing a miles goal, so I'm keeping it conservative at 50. :smiley:
  • faithan84
    Options
    Ummm... How do I add myself to the worksheet?
  • jemsurf
    Options
  • faithan84
    Options
    I'm on my phone and might need to try this on the computer. It won't let me modify the document. Thank you!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Sort of a slow start to the month but I am managing to get some miles almost everyday. The next two weeks will be tough since hubby will be away for work but I will figure out a way to get something done.
  • whidbeyweight
    whidbeyweight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm joining this challenge, late but setting a goal for 100 miles!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    With 17 days left to the month, I need ~4 miles per day on average to meet my goal. In my mind that sounds like a lot but I think I will be able to do it. I have discovered I like running in the morning so if I can drag my butt out of bed early and workout, I should be able to rack up the miles and get back on track with my goals!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I am almost halfway to my 100 goal. I am a little behind but with workouts and walks planned for the rest of this week and a beautiful long weekend ahead of us I feel like I can catch up. Let's get this done!
  • faithan84
    Options
    I updated my miles today! 33.64 to go! I'm going to be riding my bike a lot next week, so I think I'll be blowing through this goal. :smiley:
  • jemsurf
    Options
    MUST run more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to find my spark again.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    jemsurf wrote: »
    MUST run more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to find my spark again.

Me too. I am just starting to get into a little groove. It has been tough to stay motivated but I am hoping to finishe the month strong and start out June with a bang!
  • faithan84
    Options
    I can't update the worksheet right now, but my total is 118 miles for May!!!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    I can't update the worksheet right now, but my total is 118 miles for May!!!
    Awesome job
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Fell short at 73 miles but I am quite proud of that!