Need Keto friends!!!!

Options
illmatic7
illmatic7 Posts: 24 Member
Been on keto like 3 months still learning and in serious need of some mentors!!
Also I just a 2 slices plain pizza how long before my glycogen empty again and I'm fat burning again?

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend, and pizza is a no no around here, unless it's a fathead one!
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    illmatic7 wrote: »
    Been on keto like 3 months still learning and in serious need of some mentors!!
    Also I just a 2 slices plain pizza how long before my glycogen empty again and I'm fat burning again?

It actually seems to vary person to person. Unless you've figured out time travel, just move on. No need to dwell. Just go right back to eating well.

Best wishes.
  • Irishzombie1377
    Irishzombie1377 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well, and for me it took 5 or so days to get back into large ketosis (according to the sticks) but like spunky said it can vary
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm up for more keto friends :)
  • micenspicy1
    micenspicy1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in my third week of keto and think I'm going through the keto flu but find it extremely difficult being a vegetarian and I don't eat fish or eggs either so any keto friends for advice please add me
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of Atkins (20 net carbs a day) and plugging away nicely. Feel free to add me :)
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm about 55 days in!
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love keto friends! I've been in it about a year and a half.
  • edyn_Blair
    edyn_Blair Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    add me and email, i'm a long term keto girl and cycle it with paleo diet. ask me anything!
  • edyn_Blair
    edyn_Blair Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    p.s. you can drop back into keto as soon as 1-2 days after a carb load (personally you should be carb loading one day out of the week to replenish your glycogen) I do 300-400 carbs on carb up day. You need it once a week or your asking for trouble. don't fret about it. Just don't do it more than once a week.
  • InPursuitofPretty
    InPursuitofPretty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new and in need of Keto friends. Add me please. :)
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    add me...I am Paleo and Keto friendly! I am not a fan of the carb loading (just my 0.02 cents though)
  • jweatherbie
    jweatherbie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    After easing in for a couple weeks I'm trying to stay under my 20g of carbs a day this week. I'll be hitting some of you up to be friends as well.

I've already lost 40 lbs in the last year through using MFP and 1600 cals a day + doing T25 and getting in as many steps per day as possible. My exercise has kind of fallen off in recent months though (end of hockey season coaching and playing) so I am looking to lose another 50 (longer term) and 30 this summer.
  • oceanlovesea
    oceanlovesea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New to Keto, looking for Keto friends!
  • rondaleclair935
    rondaleclair935 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm on my 2nd day so really new to keto. Have tried low carb in the past with success but just for quick weight loss. Want to keep it up as a life style this time. Are you having success?
  • nolajen10
    nolajen10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs since I started keto. Loving it, except when we go out to eat! I would love some keto friends. This is work and I like hearing other people's ideas and things they like to eat and stay in ketosis. I'm am in phase 2 of the ideal protein diet and looking for keto friends!
  • violetvenue
    violetvenue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm totally new to Keto. One of my best friends introduced me to it and I'm so happy she did. But I'm totally hitting the Keto flu stage. I made some fat bombs that totally turn my tummy even thinking about them. (If anyone's a Pinner on Pinterest.com you may have seen the ones with coconut oil, almond butter, and 1/2 cup butter.) They were at first awesome but not once my body started freaking out from the "fasting" process that takes place when moving from a carb loaded diet to Keto. Now they make me nauseous (but I will force myself to eat one when I'm hungry and just need fat.) It's so easy for me to pack the protein away but I'm having trouble adjusting to all. The. Fat. :-/ I'd rather eat a couple tablespoons of Mayo over these particular fat bombs. Any suggestions?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm totally new to Keto. One of my best friends introduced me to it and I'm so happy she did. But I'm totally hitting the Keto flu stage. I made some fat bombs that totally turn my tummy even thinking about them. (If anyone's a Pinner on Pinterest.com you may have seen the ones with coconut oil, almond butter, and 1/2 cup butter.) They were at first awesome but not once my body started freaking out from the "fasting" process that takes place when moving from a carb loaded diet to Keto. Now they make me nauseous (but I will force myself to eat one when I'm hungry and just need fat.) It's so easy for me to pack the protein away but I'm having trouble adjusting to all. The. Fat. :-/ I'd rather eat a couple tablespoons of Mayo over these particular fat bombs. Any suggestions?

Keto flu is more about electrolytes first, fats second. Up your sodium (aim for 4500 mg MINIMUM during adaption), use some lite salt (half potassium, half salt), and take magnesium citrate. UP your water to at least 100 oz a day unless you weigh significantly under 200 pounds...

Re: Progress Question:

Reference Dates:
    Switched to LCHFMP on 1/15/15 at 262 pounds - started between 100 grams and 50 grams of carbs daily. By mid-February, to neutralize cravings and such, my average carbs were about 35 grams. Made the choice to drop levels again, just to see how it worked.

Switched to Keto on 2/18/15 at 248.2 pounds. Dropped to 20 grams of carbs daily, 25 or so NET if including high fiber veggies.

Low weight was 241.8 at the end of March - when I attended the Renaissance Faire and got severely dehydrated working out of doors 4 days in a row with limited water. Have been struggling to regain this level, but I know I have not gained "real" weight, because back in February at this "real" weight, I could not wear the same sized clothing I am wearing today, the same clothing I was able to wear at the end of March.

Finally busted that former low weight! Low weight is today, 241 flat!!! Whoo-hoo!! I have dropped around 21 pounds since January. I have gone down two full clothing sizes. I have lost around 20 inches altogether (I need to remeasure). I have killed most cravings and what is left is manageable. I have tons more energy, and I'm able to be an annoying morning person now. :) I have better quality sleep, and I feel healthier than I ever have in my adult life... Any questions? Glad to answer any and all!

Looking forward to forward progress.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of keto and find it soooo easy! I'm eating all the foods I love! Why haven't I heard of this diet before?? Anywho feel free to add me. I'm very enthusiastic about this diet :)