Recipes

Options
NJbabe
NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
I just had a delicious crêpe (thin French pancakes) for breakfast... and I'd like to share the recipe with you guys. Here it is:

Ingredients (for 2 people):

1 medium brown egg
3/4 cup fat free milk
1 tbsp. sweet cream unsalted butter
1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen - Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle mix
2 tbsp. jam/preserves for the filling (I used Bonnie Maman Cherry Preserves this time)

Nutrition:

This yields 2 HUGE crêpes at 252 calories each. (carbs - 37, fat - 9, protein - 8, sodium - 323, sugar - 19.)

Directions:

Whisk the egg and the milk together. Add in the pancake/waffle mix and stir until you get a homogenous mixture. Add in the melted butter and stir again.

You can make them on a griddle. But I use a regular non-stick frying pan greased very lightly with butter. When you see bubbles appear on top, it's time to flip the crêpe to its other side. Once it's ready, spread the jam/preserves on top and roll.

Share one of the crêpes with a loved one... ;)

Feel free to add delicious low-calorie recipes here.

Replies

• NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Here's another great recipe. Technically this is a "salad." I personally get very well-fed with it.

Ingredients:

1 boiled potato (around 5.3 oz.)
    1 boiled large egg
    2 oz. Black Forest ham (cubed or cut in thin slices)
    1/2 cup mushrooms (marinated, without the liquid)
    1/3 cup green peas
    1/2 dill pickle
    1.5 oz. shredded carrots
    1 (34 g.) dill pickle
    1 tbsp. (15 g) Russian dressing

Nutrition:

378 calories (carbs - 43, fat - 14, protein - 25, sodium - 1,484, sugar - 7.)

If the sodium is too high for you, don't add the pickle. That will cut 320 mg. sodium.

You can add more of the: shredded carrots or green peas, as they are low in calories.

Directions:

You mix everything together and add the Russian dressing.