Anyone ever get blurry vision On keto!??

Options
illmatic7
illmatic7 Posts: 24 Member
its really weird

Replies

• Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. If I'm cooking bacon or using coconut oil to fry with it gets all over my glasses. Once I clean them I'm back to normal. B)
  • JBsMommy
    JBsMommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? The only time I got blurry vision in my life was when I was dehydrated.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I get eye fatigue easier since I had Lasik surgery, but it is because I am right eye dominant, and my right eye wants to be stronger than my left - and they're exactly equal... But the only time I get blurry is why I'm tired or dehydrated...
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I just visited my Ophthalmologist and she said that blood sugar levels swinging wildly (in either direction) will cause focus and blurriness in your vision. I have noticed that since starting Keto, my eye site has improved and I have less bouts of blurriness.

Are you diabetic or pre-diabetic?

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • illmatic7
    illmatic7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sorry for late repost no I'm not diabetic or pre my fasted blood sugars never high usually low 80 or under probably dehydration and electrolyte loss
  • gemberly
    gemberly Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to retain water. Mostly it is stable but every now and then it swings from one end to the other (after I take lasix.) When it does that, my vision does get blurry. Usually it's just one of the signs that I need to do something to fix it.
  • aleehagen
    aleehagen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do from time to time, but I usually can "blink" it away, it affects me at work from time to time as I'm reading the ticket machine (I'm a chef). I think it's that my prescription has changed, but haven't gone to get it checked yet.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    This past week I've noticed that bright lights are bothering me, although I'm tending to think it has more to do with a lack of sleep than keto.
  • dorisccollier
    dorisccollier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Get your vitamin A checked. I now take a daily supplement. Mine was low too
  • nolajen10
    nolajen10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have optic neuritis in my right eye from MS. I don't notice it really anymore since my left eye has become more dominant (miracles of the brain!) but sometimes when I'm tired I find my vision doubles again. Soon as I notice it, I seem to shake out of it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yes, too tired/exhaustion, too much computer/electronics exposure, and dehydration are things that affect my vision, though admittedly, the problems are slightly more noticeable since I had Lasik surgery 7-8 years ago.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Too much screen time (computer, TV, phone).
    Too little sleep.
    Not enough water.
    Too much stress.

I have too much of all of the above going on to blame my blurry vision on keto. Maybe if I wasn't a walking ball of stress, I'd get more sleep and not sound / look like I'm drunk. :/

-T.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I know a sudden drop in blood glucose caused mine a few years ago. (On glipizide) It was very bad, I had to drop out of college classes! I was told it was due to water loss in the lens. Now my left eye has had a lens implant (cataract surgery) but the right is still natural, so I worry that my right eye will go blurry as I lower my bg!
  • LeilaPitcher
    LeilaPitcher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vitamin k and F
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Dehydration really screws me up, but it definitely hits my vision very hard. I also had vision problems when my B12 was drastically low.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I've also found that dehydration/low sodium in excess messes with my vision pretty strongly. I found that out by accident once. Long range vision went first, thought I could still focus close up. Got home, had salt water, and felt better in less than 30 minutes, but that was SCARY.

I had LASIK several years ago, so I get eye fatigue more than I used to. It's the only negative side effect I've ever found from it.