5 day pouch test -

Options
serenity920
serenity920 Posts: 31 Member
I had wls 9 years ago and did well at the time. Over 150# weight loss in the first year and I have maintained a good amount of it however I have 80 lbs to my lowest weight and I feel awful. I have been eating nothing but chips and sugar. My stomach hurts my joints hurt and I am out of control.
I read about the pouch test and I have set up to do it with hopes I can quash my sugar cravings and get my self back on track.
I hope there will be others who have taken this journe who may share some inspiration and hope for me.

Replies

• katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass 2.5yrs ago in Oct 2012. I lost 139lb total but have regained 25 of it back in the last 6 months. I am on the last day of the 5 Day Pouch Test and the cravings are getting much much better. I still have a problem with mind hunger but I think that's from eating on a schedule with my family instead of when I'm really hungry. It has helped me to rememeber no drinking 30/during/30. And I have started to measure most of my food again. I kept looking at it thinking there's no way that's going to fill me up but after I eat it and give it a minute or two I do feel comfortable. Not stuffed but ok. Hoping this will jump start my pouch as well as my mind. Back to basics I guess. Let me know how you do!
  • serenity920
    serenity920 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Katt thank you for chiming in. I'm glad to hear from someone a few day's ahead. I woke up to a wicked headache this morning. I know that it's blood sugar and that it will resolve water water water.
    How do you plan to do day 6? I would like to stay in touch so I can get a sneak peek of what coming up for me.
    Have a good day 5
  • delie63
    delie63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've had the book since early March and did well on the 5dpt. I'v lost about 20 lbs so far but I've fallen off track the last week or so and reintroduced pop, then chips, carbs so I am going to get back on track, prepare tomorrow to begin again and reinstate my pouch rules and tools.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the 5 day pouch test. I cheated on day 2 and had a salad ... just the romaine lettuce and some cilantro with some lemon juice. I was hungry! But today has been a whole different story. I upped my water intake to 10 glasses of water and haven't even felt the desire to put solids in my mouth. I'm very hopeful. I'd like to keep up with everyone and how you are all doing. I didn't do the surgery to gain it back. I had lost 132 pounds but I put back on 22. I lost 3 so far during these 3 days and I think that's all I needed to get motivated again, to see the scale move.
  • Angieglawrence
    Angieglawrence Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new on on here. I get my Surgery on Dec 22nd.
    My name is Angie Lawrence