BPC: How much...?

Options
DianaElena76
DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
How much BPC is recommended? How much do YOU drink? How much coffee do you drink each morning? In each cup (if you have more than one) or total (if you only have one serving or if you use a set amount and divide it between cups), how much of each component do you use?

I realized this morning as I was making my three cups of BPC that maybe it was a bit overkill. I still made the 8-cup pot of coffee I've been drinking each morning, divided it into a large mug to drink as I was getting ready and two travel mugs to drink on my drive and during my first hour of work; then I added (to each cup) 2 tsp coconut oil, 1/2 Tbsp butter, and a splash of heavy cream. All that amounted to 583 calories, 1g carbohydrate, 1g protein, and 60g fat. Not bad for an entire meal (which it replaced--I didn't eat until lunch), but still... is it too much? Too much coffee? Too much of everything else? I know, I know... "YMMV"... but I don't want to do something repeatedly if people know it to be detrimental, you know?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you want the bulk of your calories. Have 1 BPC ealy morning about 350 calories. At 10 I have bruncj about 500 calories at 4 PM I have dinner about 500 calories
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    None.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Well, usually my lunch and dinner consist of a meat dish and maybe a few vegetables, and I don't have trouble meeting my protein goals as long as I actually eat (meaning there are days here and there, about once a week, where I eat well under my calorie limit and MFP "yells" at me), so I don't mind the idea of having a high fat "meal" that doesn't have much else to it... especially since I am going to drink coffee anyway, and who wouldn't like the extra 15-20 minutes in the morning that I can save by not cooking breakfast?
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    But, so, your early morning BPC that is 350 calories--how much actual coffee is it? How much of each component, and what are they?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I don't have it every day, depends on my schedule. When I do, it's technically 1 cup...my cup just happens to hold 24 oz ;) It works out to 22oz coffee, 2T hwc, approx 20g of coconut oil, and I don't use butter. I do add Torani and a little erythritol or stevia. It's in the 300-350cal range, depending on how much coconut oil fell off the spoon.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Coffee amount is about 20 oz... Butter is about 15 grams, coconut oil is about 15 grams, HWC is a tablespoon. I do not limit coffee and may drink upward of 60 ounces in a day.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    1 cup in the morning with 1/2 tbs of coconut oil and 1 tbs of HWC
    2 cups in the afternoon, one with 1 tsp of butter and HWC and later 1 cup iced with Whipped cream on top :)
  • kleighsamboer33
    kleighsamboer33 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    the official recipe for bullet proof coffee is 16 oz coffee, up to 2 tablespoons butter and up to 2 tablespoons coconut oil or MCT oil. you can find the recipe in The Bullet Proof Diet by Dave Asprey
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    How much BPC is recommended? How much do YOU drink? How much coffee do you drink each morning? In each cup (if you have more than one) or total (if you only have one serving or if you use a set amount and divide it between cups), how much of each component do you use?

Thanks in advance!

Mine:

8 oz coffee (medium roast, brewed strong)
    4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
    1 Tbsp unsalted butter
    2 Tbsp Coffeemate

Just the one cup, followed a couple hours later by 2 scrambled eggs.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1 to 2 mugs a day depending on how tired I am. Usually one though.

I have a huge mug.

16 oz coffee -5cal
    1 Tbs coconut oil - 130cal
    1 Tbs grass fed butter - 100cal
    1 Tbs HWC - 50cal
    1/8 tsp vanilla extract
    3-4 drops ez sweetz (liquid splenda)

282cal total
    31g fat
  • winninglosing43
    winninglosing43 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a Starbucks thermos I fill (16oz). I put 3tbl hwc and 3tbl mct oil. I treat it like a 'food', or something like a power bar that will help me feel full. I normally can sip on one cup the entire day. Sometimes if I'm good on my macros, I'll have a 2nd cup after dinner. I rarely ever have more than 2 cups in a day because it's not worth the calorie and carb input. If I want something warm after that I will have plain tea without anything in it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »

I realized this morning as I was making my three cups of BPC that maybe it was a bit overkill. I still made the 8-cup pot of coffee I've been drinking each morning, divided it into a large mug to drink as I was getting ready and two travel mugs to drink on my drive and during my first hour of work; then I added (to each cup) 2 tsp coconut oil, 1/2 Tbsp butter, and a splash of heavy cream. All that amounted to 583 calories, 1g carbohydrate, 1g protein, and 60g fat. Not bad for an entire meal (which it replaced--I didn't eat until lunch), but still... is it too much? Too much coffee? Too much of everything else? I know, I know... "YMMV"... but I don't want to do something repeatedly if people know it to be detrimental, you know?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but my overall calories from the stuff that goes in it is about the same usually 500-700 calories (from when I logged it all)...and most of the time I'm not hungry for 6-8 hours, and then only because my body is craving the salt (when I salt it now with the primal element added, I go longer without hunger)...so usually a light lunch, and I'm ready to eat when I'm home around 5-6 pm and cooking. I've stretched it all the way to 10 pm a few times due to necessity...

The other day, I made it in late afternoon, and wasn't hungry until the following afternoon...

But yes, BPT is my breakfast anymore.... Mine is more carbs because of my heavier use of cream, but the rest is spot on. :) And Volume - the way I mix it generally makes over 20 total ounces.
  • DianaElena76
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm trying to cut back on my coffee, so this morning I made one large mug at home with 1/2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp coconut oil (approximate--I just used a regular flatware spoon and guesstimated), and a splash of heavy whipping cream. Then I made a travel mug (I think it's a 16oz mug) with the same amounts of butter, oil, and cream. I like that I don't have to cook breakfast anymore, although I do keep a tub of Greek yogurt in the refrigerator at work in case my willpower doesn't hold, LOL. (It's still untouched, by the way.) I'm trying to do the "eat within an 8-hour window" kind of thing, partly for convenience and partly to see if it helps with my energy during the workday, but I do tend to eat dinner pretty late at night on a regular basis and lunch at work is at 12:00 without exception, so 8 hours might be a bit too short sometimes.