Us older Gals

Options
LanaBerk
LanaBerk Posts: 25 Member
I will be 69 this year and was looking for a group in my age bracket. Having lost 100 lbs in the past 18 months, I would like to know about others and their successes, struggles, etc..

Replies

• leelala2
    leelala2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Lana, congratulations on losing one hundred pounds. That is a wonderful accomplishment. You must be very proud and feel very good! I am 76 and my goals are losing weight and getting fit!
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well, I am only 65 but most of my friends are in their 70s. May I join the conversation?
  • crsheilah
    crsheilah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you couldn't join Itssharon. I started using my Flex the last day of July and am loving it. I'm the kind who likes to keep track of things so it's not an ordeal for me to log my food, etc. BTW, I turned 73 last month and I'm an expat: moved from Maryland and now living in Costa Rica.

Lana, 100# is fantastic!
  • blackpapillion
    blackpapillion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 for a few more days - birthday will be 2/22. I have consistently been 20 lbs overweight for a dozen years or so. Some say it's not enough to worry about or it looks good on me, but I have discovered a lot more varicose veins and some discoloring of my lower legs to indicate venous insufficiency. I joined to lose this extra 20# and see it it helps the leg pain, etc. Certainly do appreciate finding a support group here.
  • Joyize
    Joyize Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 71 and have been looking for friends who share my determination to stay healthy and active. Like blackpapillion I have only about 20 pounds to lose--but I haven't lost them in years. I would love a support group here too!
  • KMKietzman
    KMKietzman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 78. I had a serious accident a few years ago. I had been in pretty good shape. But now! Back on my feet literally, I want to lose about 37 pounds! Since I do live alone I am looking for support with a group who also share goals of healthy living.
  • blessyoualways
    blessyoualways Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So happy to find you. At 71, my healthy weight range is 92-112. Currently at 152. Looking forward to reading your posts. All success to every one!
  • KMKietzman
    Options
    Welcome.
    Have gone astray so many times.
    I really need a push and a pull to keep on track.
    It is NOW!
    I welcome all the help I can get and I offer you my best wishes and encouragement.
  • msjm3913
    msjm3913 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi: My name is Sandra and I just join this group. I just turned 74 on 4/2 and need to lose 75 lbs. My goal is to get healthy and to start getting active. For the last 2 weeks I have been doing cleaning active and trying to stay at 1500 calorie or lower. I will really help for me to read all your posts to stay motivated.
  • KMKietzman
    Options
    Hi, I am KMKietzman. Welcome.
    I am soon 79!!! It only gets harder so I encourage you and support you in any way I can. I lost over 30 pounds about 5 years ago but had a pretty serious setback. I welcome your support. I have 2 posts in here and I will watch for you.
    Whatever, You are worth it!! We can be healthy and be active and live a quality life!!!
    All the best msjm3913
  • ChicfitDoro
    ChicfitDoro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined and want to say hello. I am looking for encouragement and companionship on my journey to become fit, and re-enter the world as an active, fit, vibrant woman. I will be 71 in May, and was widowed in January 2015, after caring for my husband for almost 9 years after he had a stroke.
    Although it would be a LOT easier to stay where I am, I know that it is not healthy.
    So I am committed to making changes.
    Thank you for "listening".
    Dorothy, AKA ChicfitDoro
  • KMKietzman
    Options
    Welcome Dorothy.
    We all need encouragement to take care of ourselves.
    I wish you success for yourself!
  • azkittygal
    azkittygal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi girls...really happy to find this group. I just turned 73 2 days ago. I have been overweight for 30+ years, but 4 years ago lost quite a bit of weight (altho not to goal) and told myself I'd NEVER get to where I'd been again!!! Well, guess what? I'm only 10 lbs from my highest weight ever. This time (age I guess) gaining that much weight has really curbed my activities.....everything hurts. I do more water exercise now......and I hope as I get some weight off and continue with the water aerobics, I'll be able to get back to walking. I've been having trouble getting motivated to start this journey again...BUT TODAY'S THE DAY!
  • azkittygal
    azkittygal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This should be a great group - there aren't many sites for over 70.......lets get active on here! I also post on LCHF....how about the rest of you?
  • KMKietzman
    Options
    Hi. I see more activity here.
    Great.
    Sorry. I have been missing for a bit. Some health issues to clear up.
    Being 79 has some challenges!!!!! :
  • crsheilah
    Options
    Hi all, it's been some time since I first posted on here. I notice the group is not very active (for posting). I'd like to issue a challenge to everyone in the group who is using a Fitbit. Let's become friends and challenge each other to increase our daily steps. Or just to encourage each other. My brother is now using a Fitbit and he and I have both increased our steps simply by seeing how the other is doing. I will be 74 in September and my brother will be 70 this August.
  • crsheilah
    Options
    Guess I'd better tell you my name is crlady on Fitbit and crsheilah on here.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm 75 and would like to join your group. I just had a knee operation, recovering well, and soon will be hitting the road (I hope) for more walking. My fitbit name is amflautist. I would be happy to have a fitbit friend!
  • crsheilah
    Options
    armflautist, let's become Fitbit friends. My fitbit name is crlady, I will send you a friend request from there. I am retired and live in Costa Rica. I'll be 74 later this month. Hope you are recovering nicely from the knee surgery. I had surgery in April. Sheilah
  • blackpapillion
    blackpapillion Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hello friends. I am a backslider. Was diagnosed with melanoma skin cancer, had it removed, and got a "no evidence of disease" pathology report after that, but couldn't shake off the depression that so often comes with the "Big C". You know what happened, don't you? I ate myself silly. Back on here to lose that same weight again. How are all of you doing with your goals?