Newbie, planned VGS surgery 21 May

Options
ellci
ellci Posts: 4 Member
Hi!
Thursday will be my first day of pre-op diet - eeek!!!
I am a little nervous about the op, but so looking forward to it. I have read everything I possibly can and asked a million questions in other support groups, so I think I'm prepared.
Would welcome friends to offer each other support & encouragement.

Replies

• JudiMoving2
    JudiMoving2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled for RNY Distal on May 27. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just had mine back on 2/17 and as of today, I've lost almost 45 lbs from my heaviest weight. Some advice - try to move as quickly and as often as possible in the hospital. The more you start walking, the less stiff and better you will feel post-surgery.

Good luck!
  • vlg_nurse_1979
    vlg_nurse_1979 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i wanna follow this post because im hoping to be seeing the surgeon really soon
  • Merylk34
    Merylk34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi congratulations on your up coming surgery. I just had mine in May 4th so I'm 2 days out.
  • angel073079
    angel073079 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was just preapproved by my insurance and hoping for a surgery date in the next three-four weeks! Best of luck! I'll be following you!
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve on April 2. So far I'm down 35 so far. Just remember to sip sip sip and walk walk walk!
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can add me- I'm May 18 for sleeve. Excited and nervous now.
  • Gleno97
    Gleno97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. I had the sleeve on May 20, 2015.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had a sleeve done on 4/8/15 and am down 38lbs since then! As was said before, sip and walk! You can do this! Feel free to friend me (anyone) if you're wanting to for support!
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello! I had my sleeve done back in September (2014). I've lost 126 lbs since then, and still going. (And I lost around 100 before that.)

As @cmchandler74 said, as soon as you can, get up & walk around in the hospital. And when you get home...keep walking. Not only will it be good exercise, it will help you recover faster.

Also, follow the guidelines that your surgeon and nutritionist give you. Stick to those and not only should you not have any problems, you should see the weight just melt off of you.

89019335.png
    (Quote from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    how did the surgery go? have you been walking and sipping? had my sleeve on 04/01/2015 and lost 32 lbs since then. I've sent you a friend request
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve on 6/1. So far so good. Down 13.8 so far for the first 6 days.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I was sleeved on 4/7 - happy to provide support and friendship to all, just shoot me a request :) Good luck! I'm down 47 overall - 26 lbs since surgery.
  • nilklynn
    nilklynn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm meeting with the surgeon 6/24, then hoping for a date in July so I can recover during summer vacation before going back to work (teacher) in the fall.
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ellci wrote: »
    Hi!
    Thursday will be my first day of pre-op diet - eeek!!!
    I am a little nervous about the op, but so looking forward to it. I have read everything I possibly can and asked a million questions in other support groups, so I think I'm prepared.
    Would welcome friends to offer each other support & encouragement.

Ellici It has been over a month now. How are you doing with the pre-op diet? Did you have your surgery yet? I see you lost 11 pounds was that on the pre-op diet? Good for you.
    It has taken me 9 years to lose 150 pounds and I still have 200 more pounds to lose. Seems like I have slowed down to a crawl and my PCP just got back some blood tests. I am 59 years old physically disabled but I don't have a low thyroid, nor diabetes, so we wonder why I can't seem to lose weight anymore.
    I am going Wed for my first consultation as I feel the sleeve will help me to get this weight off once and for all. I just hope I can have surgery before I turn 60. I will be sending you a friends invite Ellici. If others are interested I can use all the friends I can get. Feel free to send me a friends invite too.