New Group member | Gluten Free Diet

Options
sophiabonny
sophiabonny Posts: 3 Member
Hi My name is Sophia. I'm new to this group and I've been looking for support in eating cleaner and eliminating gluten out of my diet which I think has been the cause of me getting sick. Anyone out there on a glutenfree diet?

Replies

• ldgcng
    ldgcng Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I eat a gluten-free diet, but not because of Celiac's disease. Wheat aggravates the arthritis in my knees so much that I'm barely able to walk 3-4 hours after eating a bagel or doughnut (which I haven't done in almost two years). What has worked for me is limiting the amount of processed foods I eat, cooking for myself so I know what's in my food, and reading the ingredients of every food I buy. Many of the gluten-free foods out there are heavily processed and include other ingredients (like sugar). What I missed most was eating toast. I found a local gluten-free bakery and was so happy that I ate sandwiches for several days straight. Once you figure out what gluten-free foods you really enjoy, you'll rarely feel like you're being deprived of something, especially if it makes you sick! Good luck.
  • judi1063
    judi1063 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten free for 6 years. I cook all of the time using fresh fruit, vegetables and free range meat. I cook in large quantities and freeze meals. Having the food ready is the key for me. Cooking everyday makes me not want to eat right.