May 2015 Challenge ~ May 4th - May 10th

Options
cpanus
cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
New workout for this week...youtube links included. I borrowed this from Chris Freytag.

Wall Sit w/Front Shoulder Raise

Squat with back against wall, hips in line w/or just above your knees, feet hip-width apart and arms straight, holding 1 dumbbell in each hand. Raise dumbbells to shoulder height, then lower with control. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w21s8ROYDqU

Alternating Forward Lunge w/Figure 8

Lunge forward w/right foot, lowering left knee toward floor while sweeping dumbbell over right thigh, then press back to standing with right foot, bring dumbbell back to chest. Repeat w/left leg, sweeping dumbbell over left thigh. Alternate right and left legs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BskYDOCk5Z8

Wall Push-up w/Clap

Stand facing wall w/hands in front of shoulders. Fall forward, placing hands on wall and bending elbows to bring chest close to wall. Quickly push off wall, coming back to upright and clap hands in front of chest. Repeat push-up, clapping hands behind body. Alternate w/each push-up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEDR8XHg970 ...this only shows a clap in front but you're going to also do a clap behind your body.

Boat Pose w/Bicep Curl

Sit on floor w/knees bent, feet on floor, 1 dumbbell in each hand. Keeping spine long, pull belly in, lean back slightly, and lift feet. Holding this position, perform biceps curls for remainder of set. If your back starts to hurt, lower your feet to the ground. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOgVt0mpEns this was as close as I could get...just do the bicep curl don't do the shoulder press.

Swinging Pendulum

Stand w/feet hip-width apart and hold 1 dumbbell in front of chest. Keeping dumbbell close to body and abs tight, quickly swing legs from side to side. (Both feet will be off the ground briefly in the middle of the swing...it's a jump) . If the jump is too hard simply step though the move without jumping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBaeoQY9wU

Do each exercise as many times as you can for 40 seconds w/20 seconds rest between each exercise. If you need to modify the moves or take a longer rest period that's OK; take it slow and work up to shorter rest periods.

Do the 5-move circuit 3 times.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Replies

• cpanus
    Options
    However...if you'd rather be doing the arm exercises...

Tank Top Arms

15 Push Ups
    24 Bicep Burners (8 full bicep curls, 8 half bicep curls, 8 full bicep curls)
    15 Shoulder Presses
    15 Push Ups
    15 Tricep Dips
    15 Back Rows
    15 Lateral Raises
    10 Pushups
    15 Tricep Kickbacks
    20 Tricep Pulse Backs

Do these exercises twice. Modify or skip where necessary. Use the heaviest weight you can and increase your weight throughout the week.

Have a great week, everyone!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,889 Member
    Options
    Wow, That had to be tough. I could never put all that up. Great job Chris!

Kathy I am so proud of you all. Glad you gave them young gals a real run. And then Mexican food. Awesome.

I am sunburned! But the yard looks great! :smiley:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    To arms!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thank you, Shelley and YES! Paula!

Going with our daughter for her dissertation defense...back later!

Chris
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    At the pharmacy getting more medicine. Have ear or sinus infection. Hoping the new medicine will help. Tired of feeling sick
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Aw Clara! I hope you feel better soon. :'(

Chris that sounds nerve racking! Crossing my toes and fingers for her. :)

Paula, yes, to arms.

Zumba tomorrow! :) more flower buying and aquarium cleaning tonight. I will be glad to empty the 10 gallon holding tank. But everyone is happy. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    DD is now Darling Dr. Daughter!! She presented her project, they said good things, had only a few suggestions, asked her to leave the room, talked about her, had her come back...called her by her new, official Doctor title and told her she passed with NO REVISIONS!!! That is almost unheard of. The changes they suggested were word changes. She doesn't have to use them if she doesn't want to. She has to submit the paper for publication and she is done...except for graduation on the 24th. I am so totally proud of her!! We took DD, SIL and their friends to dinner to celebrate. It was fun!

DH, Bean and I walked this morning then I got our challenge done and JM's 30DS L1D3 done. It's been a pretty wonderful day!!

We have gym tomorrow night, but we will be walking with Bean in the morning then I'll do one of our challenges and 30DS L1D4.

Back tomorrow!

Chris
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    ABs class today so I used that in place of the boat pose. Chris the class last week was ALL about boat pose with weighted punches, presses and curls. My poor lats and delts were sorer that my abs lol.

CONGRATS!!!! Chris' DD!!!!! What an amazing accomplishment.

Shelley I am currently house plant obsessed lol. Anything that cleans inside air is on my list. And the tank here is still pitiful at best

Speedy recovery Clara. Being sick just stinks :/

Off to a birthday celebration for the neighbor girl. Good grief I can't believe these girls are 18 now :'(

Lynnette
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris that is so wonderful! DDD is her new name! :) what a great day for everyone!

Lynette that is an awesome workout. If you are so sore it had to be! :) House plants. I do cacti. Not sure if they clean the air much. But they are huge! :blush: You just are not inspired by the tank. Could it be the fish? I have some hippies in the kitchen tank. And there is some really cool grass growing in it. And babies hiding in it. They are fun to watch. 18 is getting there. They insist on making us older! Blah!

I went to Zumba tonight.

Shelley

• cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! DDD is totally cool about it.They surprised her at the staff meeting with cake and praise today!

Walked with DH and Bean this morning. Hit the gym w/DDD. Our trainer put us through some killer Yoga moves on the TRX. I think I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. I was going to do our arm workout but DH fell asleep in the family room where I do all my exercising, so it didn't workout to do that workout today!! :p I do have7.71 miles for 16844 steps. It was a good Tuesday!

Tomorrow, my friends.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Congratulations, Chris, to you and DDD!

My PTist included TRX again today too. Why is it such a good workout? Seems so simple, just squats, right? But it made me sweat?! How odd. Well, they work my legs. Gonna do my upper body here. To arms!

Lynnette/Shelley, Can't believe anything wore you out - such monsters you are! :heart:

Kathy, Congratulations on making the playoffs. Very impressive!

Clara, Hope things get easier soon. It's hard.

:flowerforyou: Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thank you, Paula. I'll tell DDD! I like the TRX...sometimes... :s

Today DH, Bean and I walked then I got our arm challenge done twice and JM's 30DS - L1D4 done. Now I must get cleaned up so I can go to the store and to Target. Then I'm going to come home and read because that's what retired ladies do!! I have so many books to read! oh, and magazines, too! :o

Have a great rest of Wednesday and a terrific Thursday! I have lunch with friends tomorrow so I don't know how things will go. Trying to get DDD to hit the gym with me. We shall see. ;)

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Try saying DDD, five times really fast! Muahaha. Great steps Chris. And JM! Still considering buying that TRX thing. I did some reading tonight also. :)

Paula you are inspiring me again. That is a tough operation and you just keep going! You rock.

Ok ladies I was a bum. It was hubby 55th birthday. We went to a steak house called the Fort. They were out of the chicken I wanted. So I ordered a salad with my burger! Muahaha, I love a great burger. Ate half and saved half.

Zumba tomorrow. I am feeling better ladies. Thyroid suck when they are not doing their job. :s

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley just in case I forgot to tell you...birthdays are cheat days and the calories don't count! It's like eating in the closet!! I hope Zumba was fun.

I got almost an hour walk done with Bean this morning. Hubby was off doing his thing so it was me and the pup. I ended up with 6.16 miles for 11,985 steps. Then I had lunch with some work buddies. It was nice to see everyone. Turns out my replacement was able to get something solved that I had been asking about for six or seven years. She was a programmer at one of her other jobs and knew there was something she could fix, so she kept after IT. I just took their word for it that they couldn't do anything about the problem. On one hand, it makes me happy she got it corrected...on the other hand, my ego is totally bruised. Oh, well!

Have a grand Friday, my friends.

Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies. Yes I've had a busy week and slacked a little. Will be back at it tomorrow. I see everyone has kept at it and are doing a great job. Ron went home for Mother's Day weekend. When he returns the countdown to vacation officially starts....18 days until Mexico! I need to be really strict with my eating and get the workouts in! :) my buff and I are going on a long walk in the park tomorrow morning. She is my my rock and keeps me going.

Chris - congrats to DDD! I know you are so proud.

Paula - I see you're back at it and going strong.

Shelley - good job with the birthday dinner...don't sweat it.

Lynnette - your workout sounds amazing.

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Kathy. Yeah, just a little proud!

Walked with Bean this morning then did a new arm workout to see if we could use it but I decided...nopey, nope! then I did JM's 30DS L1D5. It's getting easier. It was a good day! I have 6.19 miles for 12,128 steps.

Gym tomorrow morning with the kids then walk with DH and Bean then exercise then shop then cook. bwahahah! yeah, maybe!!

Hope you are all having fun!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    DD and I hit the gym this morning then DH, Bean and I set out for a nice long walk. It was beautiful all day long! I have 7.19 miles for 15,692 steps.

We'll get our walk done with Bean tomorrow morning then the kids are coming over for BBQ and salad and a movie. It'll be a great Mother's Day!!

Hope you all have a great Mother's Day, too!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I did arms workout in addition to knee therapy exercises. Not in pain per say, just sore all over. :laugh:

Happy Mom's day, all you mums. Hope it is special.

:flowerforyou: Paula
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    PROM PICS are on my profile ladies!!!! I didn't cry, YAY!!!! The kids however were a hot mess. Girls crying everywhere about their friendships, and no more dances, and college. Thank goodness they still had to eat dinner before the dance because the were ALL a puffy red mess.

Been a fairly lazy weekend here. Sudden down pours from out of nowhere has everyone hunkered down. And being Mother's Day weekend I think I deserved some down time. Back at it though tomorrow with gym and maybe some T-25. :*

Lynnette
  • cpanus
    Options
    Lynnette she's beautiful!! I didn't cry at the proms...I did cry at graduation though! I don't even think I know what a down pour is any more!! Sprinkles...maybe!! :p

Walked w/DH and Bean this morning then went shopping then fixed soup and chopped up salad stuff then the kids came over and the boys BBQ'd sausages... :s ...and they said it was good! We watched a movie and did not have any dessert!! It was a very beautiful day today. I managed 8.59 miles for 18,753 steps.

I hope you all and a grand Monday! <3<3

Chris