Looking for pals

Options
Tinalu69
Tinalu69 Posts: 13 Member
Hi! My name is Tina and I'm looking to start anew! I've had a failed lapband procedure (4yrs of pain and misery) and looking to get a conversion to VSG. Back to the beginning I go! Could use support, advice and friendship! Hope to hear from you! :smiley:

Replies

• LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina - just added you! This is a great group - good luck with your progress!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina! I had VSG on 12/16/14 So I'm not quite a veteran or anything but feel free to ask any questions, this group is an amazing support system :)
  • Tinalu69
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanx LunaG and LenaC! (heehee...that rhymes!! :D ) I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions!
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina! I also sent you a request. I have VSG 2 years ago. No regrets. :)
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi, Tina! I sent you a request as well. I was just sleeved on 2/17/15. This group is an awesome place for support. Please don't hesitate to ask us all any questions you have.
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina, I am brand new to the sleeve. I had it done on Thursday of this past week so I am less than one week out. would be happy to help with your questions and follow the wisdom of others as they pass it on to you.
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello! I had my sleeve done this past September. I'm sending out a friend request. If anyone would like to send me one please feel free to do so. ;)
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Welcome! VSG 4/7 I'm still a newbie too but a good cheerleader :)
  • bookerlr
    bookerlr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 2/18/15. You will find a lot of support here. Just sent you a friend request.
  • Tinalu69
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thanx for responding and I'm looking forward to getting to know you :smile: I just saw my dietician and psych doc yesterday. My dietician won't sign off on my surgery yet until I increase my protein intake. Psych doc signed off! Halfway there. I had lap band 5yrs ago, but my body is "rejecting" it. I'm lucky to not have too much damage (yet). It's been a pain in the *kitten* to get this conversion (VSG) surgery. I had to switch doctors and start over. My original surgeon was wonderful and willing, but they kept putting it off to the point that I said ENOUGH! I am soooo tired of pain and puking for the past 4.5 yrs. I'm hoping that this time will be different. I've been following the same rules I began this whole journey with, but to no avail. Every time I think I'm doing well a setback occurs. (death in family, fractured knee....etc.) Here's to us! May we all achieve our goals!!
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I understand those setbacks well. My sleeve surgery was postponed a whole year because I live away from my family, and right before my surgery I'd go visit them "just in case" something would happen - and I'd come home sick: bronchitis, double ear infection (in both ears), etc. It got to the point that my surgeon forbade me to see my family! :o (I joke about how my family makes me sick. :D )

But, I did loose about an extra 30 lbs during that time on my own, so...

Try to make the most of the setbacks and obstacles that come your way. Then they won't seem so disheartening.

I hope it all goes well for you.

89019335.png
    (Quote from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.)
  • Tinalu69
    Options
    Thanx Cronniss. It was tough to get back into swing of things after I broke my knee. The break was behind my kneecap so it really had to heal on its own. The funny thing is, now I have major aches and stiffness in the opposite one!! LOL *kitten* getting old! ;)