Weekly Post 10.-17.05.15.

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Had a good week and ended at 57.9 on Saturday morning. Not as low as I had wished, but not bad. A very indulgent weekend. ..Cooked for mom, sis and family. Rack of lamb, asparagus, carrots and potatoes . Very yummy if I do say so myself. Too much alcohol for me... but my sis says I'm a cheap date ;-)

One more b2b on mo/tu. Then off to Italy on Wednesday until Sunday...no fasting no dieting, just enjoying the weather the company the food the wine etc. It will be followed by a new b2b for sure!

Replies

• iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f Italy - wow! very envious, love it there especially the food. Have a wonderful trip :)

So-so week for me last week, no loss to report and issues with my DS left me feeling a bit down. But we made up over the weekend and are back on speaking terms. Mind you watching him being fitted for his braces this morning has put me off food for a while.....

FD#1 for me today, just tea and water so far. Will go for a walk in the gorgeous sunshine later to pick up some lunch and get some gentle exercise at the same time. Out tonight so only diet cokes for dinner :). FD#2 is usually on Wednesdays but I'll be out all day at various work functions so unlikely to stick to <500cals. Will need to do it on Thursday instead but tried that last week and it all went a bit pear-shaped, ending up at about 1000 cals. Must try harder.

Have a good day everyone!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I subscribe to Dr Moseley's newsletter which arrived in my in box yesterday. He talks about plateauing and the health benefits of IF even if you're not losing weight as confirmed by recent research in the US. Basically, when we're fasting our cells become more resilient which makes us more resistant to things like heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc. He cites a link to this article which gives more detail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3018207/How-5-2-diet-makes-body-resilient-stress-Fasting-makes-cells-work-harder-study-reveals.html

So take heart all those who are STS or gaining - it's not all bad news!

Have a great day everyone :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm definitely sick less often and it seems my hay fever is not as bad as it used to be either. My cycle is out of whack since about 6mth into fasting (normal period, but with 1-6 mth breaks inbetween), if that is due to the weightloss in general, the fasting, the onset of menopause, or a mix of them?? Don't know, don't really care as I have no other symptoms than the irregularity.

Have been maintaing...plateauing for almost a year now, due to the fact, that I'm not as strict with my normal days as I was in the first year. Most people around me say I'm done...I say, I've still got 2-3kg to be where I want to be and to have a bit of wiggle room, but for the meanwhile...I'm maintaining B) After my skin removal in June I will reassess my goal weight. It's hard for me to judge atm, with abs hiding under loose skin and a belly flap. Wow....June 2. is coming in leaps and bounds. A bit freaked, but also glad, when it's all over and done. Kind of like taking off that last layer to become the real me.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    So exciting! I will be thinking of you on June 2nd. Lost my will on Friday and I am yet to grasp back onto it! Two birthdays in less than a week (chocolate cake and lasagna). I really think that my problem right now is consistency. It's difficult to tell what is happening from one day to the next right now. I know that once I have my (beautiful and much missed) routine back I can straighten myself out. I know what your thinking (cause I'm thinking it too)...excuses, excuses! And your right if I was really strict I could make things work, but like I said I have lost my will, but I have faith I will get a firm grip on it again.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great. On day12 of my whole30 (which I've decided I'm extending to 100 days.) Love seeing how awesome you guys and gals are doing!
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!! Forgot to update all yday... Weighed in on Saturday and im down 1lb! Hurrah! Hoping for another 1lb loss this week!
  • priyac1987
    Options
    Morning all! Quick question..i seem to be getting headaches on fast days - which is understandable.. need to keep hydrated.. i drink around 3 litres a day. but im also getting some slight headaches on non fast days too...and when I used to fast before I never experienced this.. anyone get this too?
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is my first 5:2 week! I'm planning on doing my fast days Monday and Wednesday's, but this week I did my first one on Tuesday and my second is on Saturday. I want to do them on days I work because I feel more in control without a kitchen of food around me! I can only eat what I bring in :)

My first fast day was not as horrible as I expected,in fact it wasn't horrible at all! I managed with yoghurt for breakfast, salad with a boiled egg and dressing for lunch and dry roasted veg for dinner. I was surprised at how much food I could actually eat with only 500 calories! Well 538, I went slightly over, but I don't think it's that bad for starting out! I'll learn to make better choices and stay under :) I didn't feel starved and slept fine. I drank just under 3L of water. I did get a slight headache towards the evening, but it wasn't that bad and went away when I ignored it.

I'm excited for my second fast and to weigh in the morning after!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    priyac1987 wrote: »
    Morning all! Quick question..i seem to be getting headaches on fast days - which is understandable.. need to keep hydrated.. i drink around 3 litres a day. but im also getting some slight headaches on non fast days too...and when I used to fast before I never experienced this.. anyone get this too?

I found that if I have a bunch of sugar or caffeine the day before and then the next morning/day I have a headache. Withdrawal...you know. But that's just me. Maybe have a look at what you are eating on some days and not eating on others...could be a lack of something? That's my best guess, but it sounds like you're getting enough water, so keep that up.

Oh and congrats on the pound down!
  • priyac1987
    Options
    Thanks @snaps27

Weigh in day today! and Im officially down another 1.5lbs this week! woo hoo :)
  • kaytee232013
    kaytee232013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Well done on your loss this week @priyac1987 ! I also used to get headaches on fast days and I read it's because your sodium levels fall..could be because of drinking lots of water/fluids and also because our bodies are used to getting a certain amount of salt and that reduces dramatically on fast days. A 1/2 or a whole stock cube depending on the size (I have the chicken ones) dissolved in a mug of boiling water does the trick! :smile:
  • kaytee232013
    kaytee232013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all, weigh day for me today and I've lost 1.3lbs so I'm happy with that :). Now starting week 14 with a 17.2lb weight loss in total and I couldn't be happier! :smiley:

Have a good week all!
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    it's my second fast day tomorrow and I'm so excited! I bought a smaller lunch box to control my portions, especially on fast days, a sealed soup cup that's microwavable because soup is handy and low calorie and I can bring it to work on fast days, and cute little salad dressing containers.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i seem to be getting headaches on fast days

Most common reasons for headaches:
    * caffeine withdrawal
    * dehydration
    * lack of fats in diet (ie: eat a glob of peanut butter. If headache goes away, that was it. Then, up your daily fat intake to avoid them in the future).