Birth control?

Options
kmcc144
kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
What do you use for birth control? And has it affected your weight loss at all?

Replies

• TheWazzer27
    TheWazzer27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started the pill after having my baby 3.5 months ago. I hate taking them, lol (just hate having to remember). My husband is due to have his vasectomy June 5th so I'll be on them a few more months. I've been dieting and exercising since I started them and I've been steadily losing weight. As long as I don't cheat it's been pretty consistent. Now, I don't know if I would be losing more if not for the birth control. I've averaged about 1 lb a week which is the goal I set.
  • morganjessica882
    morganjessica882 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Before my first child I was on the Depo shot...it worked great no pregnancy the whole five years I was on it but I gained 50+ lbs. After my last child I decided on the mirana(IUD) and it has been great so far ( l have been on it for 7 months now) and no pregnancy and with healthy eating and exercising I am losing weight.
  • kmcc144
    Options
    Thanks ladies, my husband and I had decided we didn't want anymore kids and he was going to get a vasectomy. And then we got a divorce.. So.. Now I am where I definitely don't want anymore kids but am afraid I will change my mind if I ever get married again. I'm really torn between getting an iud and just taking birth control pills. I have (tmi) heavy periods and crazy hormones so I'm leaning towards the pill- there's just so many to choose from!
  • MrsFunk25
    MrsFunk25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have not found a birth control pill that hasn't messed with my mental and emotional state, so far now no birth control for me. We would like to get pregnant before the end of this year but I would like to wait til after the summer because I have a high school reunion. That's really why I'm trying to lose weight now, for that, but also to be a better role model for my daughter and family. I have tried several different things but I never noticed a lot of weight gain. I think every woman is different.
  • TheWazzer27
    TheWazzer27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The only thing I noticed weight gain with was the Depo shot. Everyone I know who's ever used it gained tons of weight. I stopped it after I noticed the pounds coming on.
  • Nicshtik
    Nicshtik Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have an IUD - but just swapped it out for the one without hormones. After talking to my Dr, it sounds like that may have been one of the reasons for my weight gain (you know, besides the obvious)
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Before my first child I was on the Depo shot...it worked great no pregnancy the whole five years I was on it but I gained 50+ lbs. After my last child I decided on the mirana(IUD) and it has been great so far ( l have been on it for 7 months now) and no pregnancy and with healthy eating and exercising I am losing weight.

That's great! I have been contemplating getting mirena. I'd rather my husband get fixed but that ain't happening. I tried the pill but I just don't feel right on it mentally or physically. I really don't want to gain weight though so glad you put that you didn't with mirena :)
  • kmcc144
    edited May 2015
    Options
    For those wondering: I started taking yaz (really the generic which is gianvi? I believe) and have actually had an easier time losing weight. I am sure that is likely because my hormones have been way off from having 3 kids in the past 3 years. I admittedly finally feel pretty normal and feel like everything has finally leveled out.