Back on track -- how do you stay motivated?

Options
2»

Replies

• Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am having a great week! One of those shirts that almost found its way into the rummage sale cuz I couldn't zip it.... It fit!!! Now that's motivation!
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    My motivation this wk has definitely been my mfp community. Have Made some really supportive friends and when I found myself way frustrated over a never ending plateau, they really gave great advice and encouragement.
  • dharmawrites
    dharmawrites Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Most of my numbers in terms of labs look good as well. However, my weight is not were I want it, or think it should be if I want to be healthy. Motivation is a probably very often and I have gone up and down (more up than down) for a long time. Haven't been close to my higher numbers in several years, which is good. But too far from my lowest numbers in 2014 (which were my lowest this century!).

Some days are hard, but I am really digging being back in the gym, which helps, though the scale hasn't shifted, I feel some changes in my body so I focus on that as much as I can.
  • rkellywhite
    rkellywhite Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A bullet journal? Learn something new everyday! Thanks!
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    What always helps me is the great feeling I have when accomplishing a good day. Since I haven't cut out anything from my diet it always makes me happy when I can have a bit of my favorite chocolate without feeling guilty. Plus, I have a bullet journal and one of my pages is dedicated to weight loss so every time I lose a pound I can check of one of the boxes. Seeing the page getting colorful motivates me a lot.

• Joliekay1582
    Options
    Ugh struggling with time management these past few days and its gonna get worse. Taking a college class and its 5 wks long. So I work all night, then have 3 hours of class, and then I get 2 hours of homework. My gym time has went from 2 hours to nothing. And that has made me eat like *kitten*.
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, that sounds really tough. At least it's only 5 weeks long -- do you get a break then, or will you be taking another class? Don't be too hard on yourself. It sounds like you've got a lot to handle.