Check In! - Cinco de Mayo through Monday May 11th

2»

Replies

• hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Bookworm. . Take care! Listen to your hubbie, when they say to stop and rest we need to listen and give our body that time to recharge.

I didnt workout today. We took everything out of the laundry room and cleaned it and i painted it. Tomorrow we will reload it all back in and organize it. I just let my workout go.
  • AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    Hi guys! I've had a bit of a bump in the road with motivation. HAD is good though because I'm trying to build on what I've got going now. I know that sounds very vague. I just got down on myself for slipping up. I just got done with Body Revolution workout 3. Whoa! It WILL get easier. It WILL get easier! lol! Now I'm about to go hit up the treadmill for some run/walking. Everyone have a great Monday!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Great job sticking with it! I know it's hard sometimes... keep going!

I kept my appointment with Chalean Extreme today, but I couldn't get Hubby to wake up on time. It was a good workout to start what promises to be a stressful week.

Have a good one, all!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Hollyelise--congrats on the C25K intervals! I loved seeing myself progress doing C25K--it is amazing what our bodies can do. I am kinda sorta doing the bridge to 10K, but have mainly just shifted to just running certain distances with walk intervals as needed.

Amee--hang in there and don't get down. You are back at it and it will get easier!

bookworm--hope you are feeling better. Rest is important, too! And hope you enjoyed your rest day too, bill!

I did ride my horse Friday, which was fun, but had a horrible run Saturday, had to cut it short and only did 2.44 miles. Ugh. The happy thing is I redeemed myself by going 6.47 miles on Sunday morning. It was fantastic! We have a great, shaded trail that is really picturesque and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I did walk quite a bit, but finished in 1 hr 30 min, which is about the same pace as my last 5k race.

So today I plan to walk at lunch and otherwise have a rest day. Happy Monday everyone!
  • hollyelise68
    Amee, I did workout 3 today. Yhise plank walk outs and plank to good mornings are torture. I like back of the body workouts so much better!

Bookworm, glad you are feeling better and were able to workout.

Hoyalawya, ha, that would be an epic run for me! I am sure you feel better for doing some rather than none. Next time you will kill it!

Today I did Body Revolution workout 3. I also did 2 sets of leg raises on my weight machine with 50# weights. I am going to do some more shoulder and bicep weight work with heavier dumbbells later. I also have my 10 minute 30 Day Butt Lift workout to do. We have baseball tonight and the trail I run is across from the park so I am going to walk while the boys warm up before the game. I may run depending on if my hisband is with me or not. He hasn't seen my super slow run and i dont know if I am up for my special forces Marine to think he needs to push me along.

Funny story....we went hiking last year and coming up the mountain I was struggling and really out of breath. I was slow and a couple of times stopped to catch my breath. He was ahead of me exactly like a drill sargeant telling me to hurry up and dont stop and "Pain is weakness leaving the body" and basically annoying me almost to tears. I got mad and he got mad. I was really mostly disappointed in myself for being so out of shape, but i was also proud of myself for getting out there and doing it. So him not acknowledging the good and harping on the bad embarrassed me and hurt me. I didnt talk to him for two days. Just did what I needed without starting a conversation. Finally the 2nd day I told him I was sorry, but he had hurt me, but was sorry I had ignored him for two days. He didn't even know I had not been speaking to him!
  • hollyelise68
    Just got back from a hike. It is only 2.2 miles, but we went to the neighborhood on the mountain instead of the trail and walked up a big hill and down then back up and down. I am going to feel this tomorrow!
  • One hour easy walk in the morning, half hour weight lifting, half hour Pilates this evening.
  • Topaz4321
    Topaz4321 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm still on workout 1 & 2 of Jillian Body Revolution.... I will be moving up to 3 & 4 next week. In the meantime, I'm also doing zumba twice a week and walking daily. Been eating really well too... making good choices and being more aware of what I am eating. Every day is a struggle, I'm not feeling the energy they say comes with eating well and working out but I think that takes time (from what I remember when I did this last time).

I'm an emotional eater and it's a rough time for me... I'm separating from my partner of 22 years and we are in the final 2 months of packing etc before moving into my own place. I'm really trying to not resort to my old habits and go for walks when I feel the anxiety rise but I had a setback on Saturday. I ended up eating probably a cup or two of granola... just mindlessly shoveling it in but I stopped myself (perhaps later than I should of) but at least I didn't move onto something else. I ended it there and went for a walk and continued without letting my mishap ruin the entire weekend. Baby steps....
  • bookworm_847
    Hoya-- it sounds like you had a good weekend. Great job getting those runs in!

Hollyelise-- How are you feeling today after your hike? That sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon!

Bill-- Are you doing a weight lifting program?

Topaz-- I'm an emotional eater as well, and it's tough at times. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles right now and hope everything turns out alright. You handled the granola like a champ it sounds like.

My dad is having a 5 bypass surgery today, so I'm probably not going to be overly concerned about logging. I will do my best, though. It sounds like the doctors are expecting a smooth surgery and recovery, but I'm so nervous anyway... it'll be tough to not hit the vending machine today. I started trying to do 10 push ups and squats whenever I feel like eating just because I'm nervous or upset. We'll see if I'll feel too weird doing so at the hospital today!
  • hollyelise68
    Bill-awesome job getting in activity! How is your food going? Any struggles/ sucesses?

Topaz- I am sorry for the big emotional things you are going through. Every day we have a choice to make good or bad choices with what we eat and if we move. I know I let any little thing throw me off and in my mind I think tomorrow will be better to start fresh. I encourage you to today do what is good for today and even if you fall to let the next meal be healthy and do something active even if it isnt a full workout. It sounds like you are doing great! I hear you on the energy. I struggle there, too.

Bookworm-praying for your dad.you have this! I am a little sore, but it isnt too bad yet. I did my Body Revolution and then weights on our weight machine also. I think I will feel it tomorrow. My husband left on a trip today so I am going to just do a small hill (it is like 20 yards high) that is next to our house tomorrow. I thought I would just run up and down it about 20 times.

I ran week 3 day 2 of couch to 5K today. It was 90 second then 3 minute interval running. I also did Body Revolution workout 4. Later I have 30 day Butt lift, and I am going to do lat pull down bar and some extra back work with weights. We have been walking at night but my husband went TDY this morning so I probably wont walk tonight. 19 days to Hawaii!!!!! #Beastmode
  • AmeeSandhu
    Great job sticking with it! I know it's hard sometimes... keep going!

I kept my appointment with Chalean Extreme today, but I couldn't get Hubby to wake up on time. It was a good workout to start what promises to be a stressful week.

Have a good one, all!

Will be thinking of you and your dad. I bet they see a lot weirder things than someone doing squats at the hospital. Lol
  • AmeeSandhu
    edited May 2015

I did ride my horse Friday, which was fun, but had a horrible run Saturday, had to cut it short and only did 2.44 miles. Ugh. The happy thing is I redeemed myself by going 6.47 miles on Sunday morning. It was fantastic! We have a great, shaded trail that is really picturesque and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I did walk quite a bit, but finished in 1 hr 30 min, which is about the same pace as my last 5k race.

So today I plan to walk at lunch and otherwise have a rest day. Happy Monday everyone!

Hoya, sounds amazing! ! Way to reward yourself with a great run and make up for the less than stellar run.
  • AmeeSandhu
    He didn't even know I had not been speaking to him!

Omg, I almost laughed out loud, but I'm at work. That is funny! Men rarely know the perfect thing to say to women but their heart is usually golden with intentions.

I'm with you on training the back of the body. Love it much better than the front!

• AmeeSandhu
    Way to go Bill!!!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Topaz, on a good day, i can eat an entire package of granola. I can't keep it in the house!

I'm an emotional eater too so my heart really goes out to you. Recently I've been learning not to hate my emotions but to acknowledge them and my cravings and try to figure out what my body really wants...more sleep, a bath, a massage?

I feel for you sweetie, it's very hard what you're going through. I'm so sorry.

• AmeeSandhu
    Holly, how was BR workout 4? I haven't done it yet. I was going to do it this morning along with running, but I stuck to running on the treadmill so I could watch Gilmore Girls. It was the only way a workout was going to happen this morning. I stayed up too late and didn't sleep well (stressing over college stuff with my soon to be high school grad).
  • Bill-awesome job getting in activity! How is your food going? Any struggles/ sucesses?

Topaz- I am sorry for the big emotional things you are going through. Every day we have a choice to make good or bad choices with what we eat and if we move. I know I let any little thing throw me off and in my mind I think tomorrow will be better to start fresh. I encourage you to today do what is good for today and even if you fall to let the next meal be healthy and do something active even if it isnt a full workout. It sounds like you are doing great! I hear you on the energy. I struggle there, too.

Bookworm-praying for your dad.you have this! I am a little sore, but it isnt too bad yet. I did my Body Revolution and then weights on our weight machine also. I think I will feel it tomorrow. My husband left on a trip today so I am going to just do a small hill (it is like 20 yards high) that is next to our house tomorrow. I thought I would just run up and down it about 20 times.

I ran week 3 day 2 of couch to 5K today. It was 90 second then 3 minute interval running. I also did Body Revolution workout 4. Later I have 30 day Butt lift, and I am going to do lat pull down bar and some extra back work with weights. We have been walking at night but my husband went TDY this morning so I probably wont walk tonight. 19 days to Hawaii!!!!! #Beastmode

You are doing great !!! No, I'm not doing any special weight lifting program. Just biceps one day, chest the next day, etc. Surprisingly, I've been doing really well with my eating habits. Like so many of us, I'm an emotional / binge eater, so I usually struggle with overeating. I'm really glad we have this group, and feel like I need to get a lot more involved with encouragement / support to everyone !!!

• One hour weight lifting, 1/2 hour Pilates.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Has anyone heard of Wildly Alive Weight Loss, Nichole Kellerman Wurth? She's a little fire cracker coach that helps people deal with emotional eating. I've done some of her free trainings and they have been really helpful. I've gone through professional counseling, years ago when I lost the bulk of my weight (75 pounds). Two things I didn't learn and that Nichole taught me are:

Emotions aren't bad. They are gifts, telling you what your body is really craving. They need to be processed as they come up and if you turn to food because you are bored, angry, sad, lonely, then you'll ALSO be dealing with the guilt when you are done bingeing AND you still will have to deal with the sadness/loneliness/boredom. Why not deal with the emotion correctly, in the first place?!

The other is that, and I knew this, but she really hammered it home, is that we deserve to be happy now. Not when we lose the weight, not when we are thin, or at our very fittest, or eating the perfect healthy foods. Right where we are at, we deserve to be happy, to be loved, to have fun, to get the job/promotion, to relax, to go on vacation, etc. Happiness doesn't have to be earned. We won't magically love our bodies when we lose the weight if we're hating ourselves thin.

Here's the link to her site. I don't get any kuddos for sending you there. I just really liked what she has to say. wildlyaliveweightloss.com/
  • bookworm_847
    AmeeSandhu wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of Wildly Alive Weight Loss, Nichole Kellerman Wurth? She's a little fire cracker coach that helps people deal with emotional eating. I've done some of her free trainings and they have been really helpful. I've gone through professional counseling, years ago when I lost the bulk of my weight (75 pounds). Two things I didn't learn and that Nichole taught me are:

Emotions aren't bad. They are gifts, telling you what your body is really craving. They need to be processed as they come up and if you turn to food because you are bored, angry, sad, lonely, then you'll ALSO be dealing with the guilt when you are done bingeing AND you still will have to deal with the sadness/loneliness/boredom. Why not deal with the emotion correctly, in the first place?!

The other is that, and I knew this, but she really hammered it home, is that we deserve to be happy now. Not when we lose the weight, not when we are thin, or at our very fittest, or eating the perfect healthy foods. Right where we are at, we deserve to be happy, to be loved, to have fun, to get the job/promotion, to relax, to go on vacation, etc. Happiness doesn't have to be earned. We won't magically love our bodies when we lose the weight if we're hating ourselves thin.

Here's the link to her site. I don't get any kuddos for sending you there. I just really liked what she has to say. wildlyaliveweightloss.com/

Thanks! I'll check this out.

I got my Chalean Extreme in this morning. We got home from the hospital pretty late, but I made myself get out of bed since exercise is good for the soul as well :)

I hope you're all doing well!