Define binge!

Options
sengalissa
sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
I am not a binge eater in the strict sense. But I do this weird thing: say, I am making muffins and lick the batter off the spoon. Don't know how to log it. Now it doesn't matter of I eat a 1/4 muffin, right? And since I blew it anyway and logging is off, I start eating extra food. One day turns into 3, and after two weeks I am so angry at myself I start over and re-commit. Works well for two weeks. Repeat.
Any ideas about that?

Replies

• CalorieKiller9397
    CalorieKiller9397 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Technically it is defined as "a pattern of disordered eating which consists of episodes of uncontrollable eating. It is sometimes a symptom of binge eating disorder or compulsive overeating disorder. During such binges, a person rapidly consumes an excessive amount of food." There is also subjective vs. objective binging. I don't log binges because it would be impossible. However, you can always try to estimate the caloric content and make up for it slowly over a three or four day period as well as drink plenty of water and lightly exercise. Example: You have a binge of around 2000 calories. That is way over your daily allowance, but you don't beat yourself up over it and you finish the day as if it never started. You also drink 3-4 extra glasses of water and go for a 30 minute walk. The next four days, you take 500 kcal off of your normal daily allowance, and within those four days, voilà! You have made up the binge without continuing the cycle. I also have some images for reference. I hope this helps.ikpnjxhy76ru.jpg
    oq0d58pjali0.jpg
    ynghx8g6jv5v.jpg
  • sengalissa
    Options
    Technically it is defined as "a pattern of disordered eating which consists of episodes of uncontrollable eating. It is sometimes a symptom of binge eating disorder or compulsive overeating disorder. During such binges, a person rapidly consumes an excessive amount of food." There is also subjective vs. objective binging. I don't log binges because it would be impossible. However, you can always try to estimate the caloric content and make up for it slowly over a three or four day period as well as drink plenty of water and lightly exercise. Example: You have a binge of around 2000 calories. That is way over your daily allowance, but you don't beat yourself up over it and you finish the day as if it never started. You also drink 3-4 extra glasses of water and go for a 30 minute walk. The next four days, you take 500 kcal off of your normal daily allowance, and within those four days, voilà! You have made up the binge without continuing the cycle. I also have some images for reference. I hope this helps.ikpnjxhy76ru.jpg
    oq0d58pjali0.jpg
    ynghx8g6jv5v.jpg

Yes, I definitely need an exit strategy right when it starts. I never binge extra 2000 calories in one day. More like 1000 maybe? But 1000 too many a day for a week, that's too much. It feels out of control and it does not feel good.
    So, next time it happens, I will (a) go brush my teeth or to the bathroom (b) while brushing I will log even if it is inaccurate and/or painful. Then I will make a plan on how to make up for what I ate. That way, I might re-gain control.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Too easy for me to omit logging the binge...
  • sengalissa
    Options
    Breadbar wrote: »
    Too easy for me to omit logging the binge...

Well, that's what I have been doing. And it did not work, so I have to change something. My thinking was to binge but keep it under control so it is still loggable. I HAVE to stay on the logging wagon, otherwise I lose control. And after all, it is only about control, right?