Hard to share

Options
katharineshalia
katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
I threw myself out of keto Monday, my oldest daughter went back to London after breaking with boyfriend of 4 yrs (I think I took it harder than her, embarrassing to admit), my 14yr old neice OD on depression pills last Wednesday, the day after my girl flew in (she was in ICU for 2 days) and my aunt came to town to check on my sister and with mothers day, well crap and also horrible, her daughter who grew up with my oldest, died in a car crash 5 years ago right after xmas at 19 yrs old.
TMI, my life, it's so easy compared right now to others I love, but I still had to carb load with sweets because that's what I do when stressed, right? Except I made it the whole time and was strict, but after the fact, not so much. Anyway, I'm not giving up. I really just wrote this because I'm greatful for my health, both physically and mentally, and honestly, I consider you guys my friends in an like endeavor so here I am letting you know I am learning as I go and thanks for your support and kind words these last few weeks.
Back at it tomorrow.

Replies

• Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day! Hope things start looking up...
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It is hard to bear all that pain and still try to keep to your keto endeavours. I know sometimes life happens and this woe seems so insignificant compared to everything else that is happening. Don't worry about the stress eating, you did what you had to do. Just keep going. You can do it!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I threw myself out of keto Monday, my oldest daughter went back to London after breaking with boyfriend of 4 yrs (I think I took it harder than her, embarrassing to admit), my 14yr old neice OD on depression pills last Wednesday, the day after my girl flew in (she was in ICU for 2 days) and my aunt came to town to check on my sister and with mothers day, well crap and also horrible, her daughter who grew up with my oldest, died in a car crash 5 years ago right after xmas at 19 yrs old.
    TMI, my life, it's so easy compared right now to others I love, but I still had to carb load with sweets because that's what I do when stressed, right? Except I made it the whole time and was strict, but after the fact, not so much. Anyway, I'm not giving up. I really just wrote this because I'm greatful for my health, both physically and mentally, and honestly, I consider you guys my friends in an like endeavor so here I am letting you know I am learning as I go and thanks for your support and kind words these last few weeks.
    Back at it tomorrow.

It's always easier to get back into Keto than to break in the first time. Your body will remember the process.

That being said, for future reference, any time I want to binge on something like this, I always fat load myself BEFORE I allow any non-keto treats... Might be something that helps if this type of issue resurfaces.

And HUGE hugs to your family - that is more than anyone should ever have to deal with!!!
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies, it means a lot to me since I really don't have anyone or anything to complain about. You guys really are a great group! Thanks for listening.
  • Donnah781
    Donnah781 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Always remember that life has so many ups and downs. We all handle hardship in our own way and at our own pace. Don't give up on yourself but right now its tough and your focus on other things. You'll get back on track when your mentally ready don't ever push yourself. Heres to a new start for you.... :-)
    I went thru a lot with in a short time myself.. my grammy passed then my uncle then a friend then my friends 3 yr old all within 2 yrs as of feb this yr. We do pick ourselves back up in time :-)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I thought I was invincible against the stress eating now (that's how I feel while in Ketosis), but last night almost proved me wrong. We had a great night out, came home and everyone was in a good mood then my partner's 13yo flipped *kitten* because she didn't get her own way. Good mood gone, everyone stressed and pissed off, her crying and yelling in her room that we don't care about her etc etc.

I stood in the kitchen for a full 5 minutes looking at my partners junk-food in the cupboard before I slammed it shut and made a coffee (with butter). It was close though, I so nearly caved.