5/12 Day 82 Tuesday Movin May 12!

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Who needs commercials?
Challenge: If you watch TV this evening, make a point to get up and walk during commercials. These commercial “breaks” are an easy way to increase your step count for the day and keep your body moving.

Alternative Challenge: Try and drink 8 glasses of water today! :smiley:

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    For people who enjoy watching TV, this is a great habit to develop!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    Here's a problem - commercial-free TV! We general watch Netflix or DVD's. I guess I'll have to think of another plan. I always drink 8 glasses of water, so that's an easy one. I'll report back about my solution for the commercial issue.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    No TV at my new apartment, so water it is for me today :)
  • MnMalecha
    MnMalecha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Here's a problem - commercial-free TV! We general watch Netflix or DVD's. I guess I'll have to think of another plan. I always drink 8 glasses of water, so that's an easy one. I'll report back about my solution for the commercial issue.

I am in the same situation. I'm going to focus on the water anyway. But if you come up with a solution to the tv let me know!
  • sky1967
    sky1967 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water, it's the secret to looking young, well, not so much a secret any more.
    I was told by coworker to drink a gallon a day. That seems a bit much. Any thoughts? Does intake have to do with weight?
  • Krishna_Veni
    Krishna_Veni Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Nice idea. Walking during commercials, i vl do this. I always take more than 8 glasses of water.
  • sherrielynned1
    sherrielynned1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    No cable, so water for me as well :smile:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    If your TV viewing is commercial free, a couple of siggestions.

I often stand behind my recliner and watch tv (or at least some of it) rather than sit. Since I do sit a lot at work, I try not to sit at home during the evening.

Also, a mini trampoline or an exercise bike picked up at a yard sale (or something similar) can be an active alternative to sitting and watching TV as well. An under desk mini elliptical could work too.
  • mcpearson81
    mcpearson81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just don't like the taste of water any suggestions
  • ossadsf
    ossadsf Posts: 12 Member
    Options

imo anything with no caffeine & no cals basically counts as water, so maybe try to do herbal teas? Or make flavored water at home - slice up some citrus/cucumber or get some frozen fruit and/or some fresh herbs (mint! thyme also works pretty well, as does rosemary) then add it to a big pitcher of ice water and keep it in the fridge.
  • keelybird57
    keelybird57 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The water is easy. I'll work on moving during commercials if I watch TV tonight
  • fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Moving during adverts tonight
  • mcpearson81
    mcpearson81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you I'll try that
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    No time for TV today. I did incorporate a little yoga during down time at work though.

Drank about 13 cups of water!
  • twiigo
    twiigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ossadsf wrote: »

I love fresh lemon in my water but if you choose off the shelf items be careful because most non calorie drinks have maltidextrin which is worse than white sugar but will not be reported on the nutritional panel
  • twiigo
    twiigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did that wrong oh well. Water done. I'll try moving around during movie previews :)
  • keepcalmrunon246
    keepcalmrunon246 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder about water...I did it by taking a big bottle with me to the hair salon and
    drinking it during 'wait' times...
  • matott25
    matott25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Water is easy the tv watching and walking during commercials went well. I usually pick up the kids toys and supper mess then sit down but decided to do it during the commercials. I'll have to make it a night routine.
  • jsvenshek
    jsvenshek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ossadsf wrote: »

imo anything with no caffeine & no cals basically counts as water, so maybe try to do herbal teas? Or make flavored water at home - slice up some citrus/cucumber or get some frozen fruit and/or some fresh herbs (mint! thyme also works pretty well, as does rosemary) then add it to a big pitcher of ice water and keep it in the fridge.

I was the same way, just bored of plain water. I started adding fruits and herbs like suggested above, honestly it works great! I think I drink about a gallon (or more!) of water a day now because it's soo yummy! My favorites (you should TOTALLY try haha) are orange with mint, strawberry with orange and cucumber mint.
  • sherrielynned1
    sherrielynned1 Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Got my eight cups in as I don't have cable