Daily Check-In (Week 2 May 11th through May 17th)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
Week 2 Day 1 Check-In!
No gym this morning, still recovering from the weekend of bad choices :( The scale was not my friend this morning , alcohol induced weight gain / water retention sucks! I am off to Houston Wednesday so I may or may not be able to check in here as much but I know you all will do great! I hope you all enjoyed your Mother's Day :)

Replies

• mrslrichardson
    mrslrichardson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Very happy with the scale this morning! Pumped to start week 2!!!
  • DDWS128
    DDWS128 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Met water goal and walked 40 minutes. Feeling good.
  • kailadriel
    kailadriel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been having the WORST allergies, and work has decided to suddenly give me a million more responsibilities, and I have a mouseguest.

Gym today is going to be very needed.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Very happy with the scale this morning! Pumped to start week 2!!!

Awesome girl! Keep up the good work!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    DDWS128 wrote: »

Good job on the water!! And the walk!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    kailadriel wrote: »
    I have been having the WORST allergies, and work has decided to suddenly give me a million more responsibilities, and I have a mouseguest.

everyone around me is having a terrible time with allergies right now! hope you feel better soon!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 Check-In!
    No gym this morning, still recovering from the weekend of bad choices :( The scale was not my friend this morning , alcohol induced weight gain / water retention sucks! I am off to Houston Wednesday so I may or may not be able to check in here as much but I know you all will do great! I hope you all enjoyed your Mother's Day :)
    I made it to 10,503 Steps yesterday and about 90oz's of water ( My son drank most of my 6th bottle lol)

• heatherc369
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 Check-In!
    No gym this morning, since I am going out of town tomorrow I wanted to be able to stay up later lastnight and spend time with my family because I am going to miss them like crazy ! Even though I will not be back at the gym until next week I am still focusing on my 10k step goal and my water goal :)
  • DDWS128
    Options

Good for you going to the gym. That's the mentality I need. Those would be excuses for me but maybe not next time.
  • DDWS128
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouragement. I hope you have s great week.
  • ronellaFit
    ronellaFit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not having a great week, fell off the past two days and the scale was unkind. I am annoyed that I could do mostly good and still not see progress or very little. I am still battling the lack of sleep from breastfeeding but I gotta do this for my baby and I always feel good about it until I look in the mirror or see myself walking up to a door that shows my reflection. I feel like I look a mess and nothing close to the ideal that I want. This feels like a spiritual battle as I have been in this place multiple times throughout my life as a mother of four. I read this today for encouragement.....

"We should give first priority to the development of an independent spirit as a human being before considering one's role as a man, woman, child, or parent. In other words, for a person to become a man, woman, child, or parent in the true sense of the word, one has to first of all develop his or her autonomous identity as a human being." -daily guidance may 13.

I felt today as I did my meditation/chant/prayer that I needed a sign spiritually leading me to victory over this weight, this obesity, this family karma and I read three pieces of guidance that reassured me that I was going to have to attack this challenge from a mindbodyspirit perspective if I am going to WIN this time. The other guidance I read was.....

"Daily Encouragement: During our dialogue, Dr. Arnold Toynbee at one point told me that his motto was Laboremus, Latin for, "Let's get to work!" Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism focuses on the present and future; it is infused with the spirit, "Let's get started!" We practice for the sake of the present and future. It is important not to become trapped in the past; we have to put it behind us. The Buddhism of true cause is always based on the present moment; it is always "from this moment on."

What I took from that was to let go of the past, my families bad habits and what I used to be, who I used to be when I was connected to them. I am really struggling to not eat in reaction to stuff my family is going through, feeling hopeless about my lresent body image, and just sheer exhaustion from not being able to work out when I want if baby is not sleeping or work schedule being too much. I will not quit, I will not give up this time. I have to commit to right here and right now but I am soooooo tired ladies. I am so tired!
  • DDWS128
    Options
    Rosella, I hear and feel your pain. I will say some prayers for you. I am a mom of four and know what you are going through. It is so worth it. Nowadays when I reach for the food because of stress and anxiety, my mantra is "I will not let this [fill in person or situation] have control over me. I am better than that." It helps me to make this declaration to myself. No matter how you appear, you are a beautiful person inside and out! Persistence is a virtue and it sounds like you have that in abundance.
  • ronellaFit
    Options
    DDWS128 wrote: »
    Rosella, I hear and feel your pain. I will say some prayers for you. I am a mom of four and know what you are going through. It is so worth it. Nowadays when I reach for the food because of stress and anxiety, my mantra is "I will not let this [fill in person or situation] have control over me. I am better than that." It helps me to make this declaration to myself. No matter how you appear, you are a beautiful person inside and out! Persistence is a virtue and it sounds like you have that in abundance.

Thank you! Thank you very much, I feel motivated today and I made peace with yesterday. Moving onward and upward!
  • kailadriel
    Options
    I made peanut butter protein cups last night at a fudge making party - they taste pretty much exactly like peanut butter cups (although not nearly as pretty)~50 calories w/ 3 grams of protein per cup! (they're mini sized). So I was able to munch them and enjoy them while helping everyone else make fudge. Success!
  • mrslrichardson
    mrslrichardson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Those peanut butter cups sound yummy!!!
  • kailadriel
    Options
    Those peanut butter cups sound yummy!!!

Pretty easy/fun to make too!
    Mix together: 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, and 4 tablespoons PB2 until thoroughly blended. Roll into small patties/balls

Melt ~1/2 cup baker's bittersweet w/~1.5-2 tablespoons margarine. Dip the peanut butter patties in the melted chocolate, then cool until set. Makes ~25 1 inch patties.

• kailadriel
    Options
    Remember that time I got ONE drink for a coworker's going away party, went to the gym with the plan of getting dinner afterwards, and was still tipsy enough post workout that I forgot to get dinner? Yeah. Tonight was fun.

Go go magical drinking lightweight powers!
  • kailadriel
    Options
    I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Make good choices!
  • ronellaFit
    Options
    Remember that time I got ONE drink for a coworker's going away party, went to the gym with the plan of getting dinner afterwards, and was still tipsy enough post workout that I forgot to get dinner? Yeah. Tonight was fun.

Go go magical drinking lightweight powers!

Kaila, you are hilarious. That sounded like something I would have done with you. I had a sip of wine with they hubby after we went to see Mad Max until my pain in the booty babies called about a spider in the house so we cut part two of date night short. It was a big spider but geeez! LOL
  • ronellaFit
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to report, I got my sauna suit, digital scale, measuring cup in the mail. Fitbit us in its way, I feel like I will be more successful with these tools.
This discussion has been closed.