New Group Member | Gluten-free Diet

Options
sophiabonny
sophiabonny Posts: 3 Member
Hi My name is Sophia. I'm new to this group and I've been looking for support in eating cleaner and eliminating gluten out of my diet which I think has been the cause of me getting sick. Anyone out there on a glutenfree diet?

Replies

• TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm not completely gluten free. I do try to limit gluten. My sister has celiac disease, so she's completely gluten free. You can add me as a friend if you want.
  • lace323
    lace323 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm completely gluten and dairy free due to allergies! You would think it helps with the diet but it doesn't for me. I have little kids who are also gf/df and while we often tAlk about making healthy choices and limiting bad choices we definitely have snack type foods in the house or desserts. Desserts are frequently fruit based and most nights I don't eat them but the option is still there. You can definitely add me as a friend and if you need help or advice let me know. I've been gf and df since 2012. :)
  • molaufy
    molaufy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am dairy free and almost completely gluten free. Welcome :-)
  • dms5987
    dms5987 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've just been told by my doctor that I'm likely gluten intolerant and perhaps lactose intolerant. And that at a minimum it seems to be interacting with a cholesterol or other med I'm in...

My daughter is a pastry chef trained at Johnson and Wales and my son is going there as a gourmet chef - so they are teaching me.

But in the meantime I could use ideas.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Ells30
    Ells30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free. I was following a paleo grain free diet but my dietitian has me reintrodicing some grains like quinoa and soon rice and oats. I have had an allergy to wheat sonce a child but ate it anyway my whole life (Italian) but so far no gluten for a year and a half!
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this group yesterday. I'm gluten free, too, and have been for about 4-5 years. I ingested some gluten a week or so ago and I'm still trying to get over the issues it causes me (joint pain, constipation, extreme water retention).
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm avoiding wheat and all types of flour, added sugar, artificial sugar, dairy, and most processed foods too, but not because of a gluten intolerance (as far as I know I'm not intolerant). I tended to overeat foods with these ingredients (Hooray for past tense!).
  • theconfuzed
    theconfuzed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We started "The Daniel Plan". Which is based on whole foods. Starts with a 10 day detox (no gluten, no dairy). We have continued gluten-free. The availability of gluten-free products is so much better now. And we eat nothing processed. I make everything. And we feel so much better. My wife and I have both been losing weight!!

It has balanced her glucose and everything. On the other hand, my cholesterol is overall not good. I have 3 months to get it under control before my doctor puts me on meds for it.

Wish me luck!!
  • rlharding
    rlharding Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've just joined this group today, I am wheat and dairy free. I try and follow a clean diet but need a bit more support.