Workouts and fitness trackers

MzLaLa29
MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
Feel to discuss what workouts you're doing. If you're using a Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Apple Watch etc tell us so we can add you as a friend.

Replies

• MzLaLa29
    I have the UP2. cadpearson@hotmail.com add me!
  • kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    I've got a Fitbit. Kmclinnin@gmail.com if anyone wants someone to cheer them on!
  • ddif
    ddif Posts: 16 Member
    I use Map My Walk. Today is day 8 of walking at least 2 miles. Problem is that you would think walking would be easier then some excercises but my calls hurt so bad when I walk. Any suggestions.
  • MzLaLa29
    ddif wrote: »
    I use Map My Walk. Today is day 8 of walking at least 2 miles. Problem is that you would think walking would be easier then some excercises but my calls hurt so bad when I walk. Any suggestions.

I have the same problem actually, so I don't have a solution per se. However, I know I have flat feet so it would behoove me to invest in a good pair of walking shoes with additional arch support. I didn't though because I'm cheap
  • tyb03
    tyb03 Posts: 52 Member
    I have a fitbit. Not sure how people add me. Do you need my email?
  • tyb03
    Oh & I've been alternating workouts between Jillian Michaels DVD's, Insanity Max: 30, & walking/jogging. I like to keep it interesting :)
  • ddif
    ddif Posts: 16 Member
    Woo hoo. Walked 4 miles today!!!!
  • MzLaLa29
    Ty, yes they will need your email.

Go Dawn! whoo hoo!
  • tyb03
    tybeck03@gmail.com
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    I go to the pool before work and swim until I am hungry again-not very high tech, but it has worked for me in the past! :)
  • MzLaLa29
    I go to the pool before work and swim until I am hungry again-not very high tech, but it has worked for me in the past! :)

Swimming is an excellent full body workout for toning. I lost inches just taking a swimming class once a week. Clearly I wasn't actually "swimming" since it was an instructional course, but it was still effective for slimming down.
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 73 Member
    I go visit my elderly mom almost every day and my 12 yr old son just go intersted on working out so we have started to use my mom's appt gym. It is small but its free. We have been doing carding and weights. He is a boy scout and he is trying to earn the Personal Fitness Badge :-) so I have my son to push me and remember to bring my workout clothes :-)
  • sherm98
    sherm98 Posts: 61 Member
    I have been working from have for the past three months and have one month left. Last month, around the 15th, I decided to start working out during lunch and to go back to Crossfit. I am enjoying it so much. I wish I had thought of it at the beginning of my temporary assignment from home. I have to make this last month count. Other than that I try to keep moving... which is hard when I am at home working. At work I have a standup desk so I don't sit as much and I keep moving.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    I go visit my elderly mom almost every day and my 12 yr old son just go intersted on working out so we have started to use my mom's appt gym. It is small but its free. We have been doing carding and weights. He is a boy scout and he is trying to earn the Personal Fitness Badge :-) so I have my son to push me and remember to bring my workout clothes :-)

What a great role model you are being in so many ways! Way to go :)
  • MzLaLa29
    sherm98 wrote: »
    I have been working from have for the past three months and have one month left. Last month, around the 15th, I decided to start working out during lunch and to go back to Crossfit. I am enjoying it so much. I wish I had thought of it at the beginning of my temporary assignment from home. I have to make this last month count. Other than that I try to keep moving... which is hard when I am at home working. At work I have a standup desk so I don't sit as much and I keep moving.

There's probably an app for that since you don't have the UP giving you that nudge every hour. I'm using an app called aqualert which reminds me to drink water periodically until I reach 64oz. There's an app for anything you can thing of so there must be something available to help you out.
  • MzLaLa29

That's awesome! I would love to go to the gym but it really is not in my budget plus a can't take my little squirt. I love that your son is working out. Mine is only three years old, but I worry about that amongst 1,000 other theoretical situations. Don't mind me. New mom issues lol