Liquid gels?

Options
mongoosealamode
mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
I know that liquid cold medicine has a ton of sugar to make it palitable, but what about gel caps? I have really bad allergies with all this pollen and it's been majorly screwing with my sinuses so I've been taking 2-4 liquid gel caps a day. Ketostix are showing trace (not that they really mean anything).

Anyone have any insight?

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Feeling better with allergy meds in you is far better than the tiny amount of carbs they may contain. I mean, aren't you miserable without? I sincerely doubt that those meds are going to interfere with you losing weight due to carb count. If you don't take them, though, feeling crappy from allergies may hinder your efforts.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this is one of those situations where I'd go with "just take the pills" and not worry about the carbs in them. They probably have 1g per cap, but they don't need to be loaded like the syrup is, since you're not chewing them or anything (ew...).

Once nice thing I've found about this way of eating is that the longer you're at it, the less issue you have with allergies. It can take a while, though. I think it's taken me about two years to get to the point that I'm at now -- pollen count through the roof (hubby says they're considering a new level on the scale, it's so high), and I'm clear as a bell. The real test will be Thanksgiving at my mom's (old house, lots of dust and probably embedded mold), which has been my litmus test and I noticed that each time I go, allergies take longer to set in and are less severe.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Generally my allergies, asthma, and sinus problems have lessened even in 2 months but the past couple weeks have been INSANE. I'm definitely going to keep taking the meds reguardless but I was just curious. I'll see in a day or two if it effects my weight any
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I've been off my allergy pills by default for a few days now, but doing okay so far... I'd say the misery is worth the hit. Think of it this way, too ... you've been taking those pills when eating far worse, right? So you're still way better off than before. Might also look into a 24-hour pill...those help me better than the short term ones that burn out of my system. I take the 24 hour when I get up, that way if it wears off, it's while I'm sleeping and the impact isn't as bad.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Already sooooo much better than I was, with the meds!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for me!
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    As long as the ketostix show SOMETHING you know you're still in Ketosis. It's kind of like being pregnant, you either are or you aren't. No such thing as a little bit pregnant you know?