Maintaining, tired of logging

Options
Jubee13
Jubee13 Posts: 132 Member
I have been maintaining my weight for about 6 weeks. I do believe that logging helps me not to binge, but I am SO sick of it. I really want to stop, but I'm scared I'll binge. Does logging help you not to binge? Does everyone here recommend logging every day, even in maintainence? Any experience and/or advice would be welcome.

Replies

• keelybird57
    keelybird57 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP after I read that logging what I eat is the one best habit for weight control. The man who wrote the article has been logging of something like 9 years. He says it only takes a few minutes and makes all the difference. I hope he is right because it isn't my favorite activity either!
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I only log on my good days. I'm always too embarrassed to log on my bad ones and most of the time I don't even have any idea what the calories are because fresh stuff from bakeries never has it on their packaging. But, I'm sure it does help a lot of people. I have two modes...either I am super obsessive and log everything and exercise frantically and freak out if I even eat one calorie over what I think I should or I get tired of obsessing and then binge.
  • keelybird57
    keelybird57 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My diary isn't open either. It's much easier to be honest with myself that way. The author who encouraged logging says it becomes a habit, like brushing your teeth. A few necessary minutes for your own well being. I'm taking that approach.

One of my MFP friends has logged for over 600 days. She inspires me!