new to mfp from Kansas

Options
freewolf49
freewolf49 Posts: 8 Member
Hi everyone. I am new to mfp. This is my second week. I am retired and loving it. This week I also purchased a Garmin vivofit to help me move more. My preferred exercise is water aerobics and swimming. I also do some walking and exercise bike but I am not consistent at all. Weight has always been an issue with many attempts at losing. I am tired of weight watcher meetings and tired of paying for them.

Soon my BFF and I will be riding his motorcycle to Washington DC with the run for the wall and participate in rolling thunder. We will continue to Niagara Falls and ride some in Canada. I will not have as much control over meals as many provided but I want to keep tracking.

I live in Kansas with my little dog. I am excited to meet diet and exercise friends on mfp.
Barbara

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Welcome Barbara. We are a friendly and supportive group, I think you will enjoy interacting with everyone here.
    We have several threads you might want to join in on, monthly self determined challenges, interesting reads, a gratitude thread and other topics pop up all the time.

The road trip sounds like great fun. And good for you to commit to tracking. It is always good to understand what we are doing so we can tweak from there.

Activity trackers are really great tools as well. I'm sure you will find the information from it most helpful in your weight loss journey.

Joell aka retirehappy
  • freewolf49
    freewolf49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Joell, I do better with support. Nice to see retirees trying to be healthier.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! So you're one of those Rolling Thunder folks. How neat is that. Ride carefully.
    Retirement is great, isn't it?
    Sharon
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome Barbara - glad to have you join the group. Sounds like quite a trip you are planning! I used to do lots of riding in the Phillipines but haven't in years. Great group here - lots of support and ideas. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Marie
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Your trip sounds like so much fun!