Need LC friends please

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
i am starting Atkins tommorow. I am desperately needing some friends who are in the same boat who aren't afraid to critique my daily plans. Just needing someone for accountability. :) Thanks!

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm from Canada too !
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    You can friend me, but I'm probably not going to go snoop around and tell you how to eat. I think it's all individual and what might work for me, could be completely different for you. What I will say is that, if you stick with it and keep trying, you'll do great.
  • dqgirl50
    dqgirl50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi...just started Atkins 3 days ago...lost my appetite already and feel good...waiting for a few days before I weigh in..lost over 100 lbs years ago... Was following a low fat mostly veg and protein diet for quite awhile but cheated often and wt loss just stopped... Decided to try Atkins again...on induction Atkins 20 now...slowly increasing fat intake but nervous about that since I was on low fat for so long...not ready for keto diet yet though have been reading a lot about it...thanks... any comments would be appreciated... Thanks..
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    dqgirl50, I know what you mean about being afraid of the fat. I lost 100 pounds eating low fat high carb years ago, and gained every pound back and more. I'm on the way back down in weight now doing keto, and quite frankly I am way more afraid of carbs now than fat. Fat is your friend, but it may take you a while to really become comfortable with this way of eating. Even doing moderate carb is better than the standard WOE. Your feelings may change as you start feeling better.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me too! I'm learning as I go along.....
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    dqgirl50 wrote: »
    Decided to try Atkins again...on induction Atkins 20 now...slowly increasing fat intake but nervous about that since I was on low fat for so long...not ready for keto diet yet

As far as I am aware, the induction Atkins 20 you are talking about *is* a keto diet. Sure, you'll be transitioning away from that if you stay on Atkins, but you're already doing it! How's that for a win! :)
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • GlitzArmstrong
    GlitzArmstrong Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have been doing LCHF for about a month, learning as I go. After the first 2 weeks my weight loss has slowed down but I am still seeing NSV.
  • SazzySuze
    SazzySuze Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm new to low carb and not exactly doing Atkins, but I welcome mutual support. :)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You can add me but I don't always track.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am starting today, please feel free to add me.
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've been eating low carb for years, so I'm beyond the intro phase and yoyo between phase 3 and 4. I'm not a fan of any of the Atkins products because I'm also a stickler for fresh ingredients. I'm certainly able to help come up with easy recipes to help you spice up your meals during phase 1 and 2. I know how tedious it can be when you feel you can't eat anything!!

My first advice, if you loved carbs before starting this diet... be prepared to take ibuprofen for a week or so... cutting carbs, alcohol, and caffeine can cause mild headaches. I'd also advise to really follow the plan and not "cheat" yourself by overloading yourself with meat, fats, and cheese. It will ultimately stall your weight loss and cause some unhealthy habits in the end. Grow to love, love, love vegetables and berries (phase 2 and 3). These high volume foods will help you through the carb cravings.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! Welcome to the group!
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. This woe has definitely helped me. Also my diary is open to friends.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    kamber13 wrote: »
    I'd also advise to really follow the plan and not "cheat" yourself by overloading yourself with meat, fats, and cheese. It will ultimately stall your weight loss and cause some unhealthy habits in the end. Grow to love, love, love vegetables and berries (phase 2 and 3). These high volume foods will help you through the carb cravings.

How is it cheating yourself to do exactly what Dr. Atkins originally promoted, that is, eat almost unlimited amounts of meat, fats, and cheese (ok, cheese was limited to 4 oz a day)? Sure, the new plans have changed this and focused more on calories and counting stuff, but that's not to say the original diet was cheating people by teaching them unhealthy habits.
  • GwenFan7
    GwenFan7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota and have started eating Low Carb again. I haven't officially maintained on Atkins Induction this time around, I'm almost there, but averaging 22-30g carbs & losing slowly but surely still.
    In also looking for new friends to journey with on MFP, so feel free to add me!

Also have Hypothyroidism, so trying to lose has been somewhat more slow/challenging.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! I would love to have more low carb friends. I log daily.

I did low-carb successfully many years ago but was forced to stop by a doctor at the time because I believe she knew better… Which she didn't… So Now I am a newly diagnosed diabetic...... and back on low-carb.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • tiffanylanders
    tiffanylanders Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me..I am looking for low carb friends as well!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm open for more friends as well :)