Please Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• colemanj50
    colemanj50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Jennifer and I have been with NS since 27 Feb 2015. I have lost 14 lbs and over 11 inches so far. I am way more please with the inches than the weight. I have gone down a pants size and am feeling better. I live in Georgia with my husband and two kids.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Excellent, colemanj50. Nice to meet you. You are doing a great job!!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer. Glad to have you with us! :)
  • tsydor46
    tsydor46 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am Sytrace from the NS boards, but my name is Tracey. :)
    I started on NS the first week of February and have lost 25 lbs and MANY inches since then. I am a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 kids (ages 12 and 13). We love to travel and go to Disney (a lot) and I do some of my best walking at the theme parks. I am blessed to be married to a super supportive man who loves me thru thick and thin. (lol) And who is happy for me mainly because I am healthier and eating better.
    I have an almost 2 year old Doberman who likes to go out on long walks which is another way I get my exercise in.
    I go to the Y at least 4 days a week and work on the stationary bike, treadmill and elliptical. I really need to do some circuit training too. But I really don't spend as much time on that as I should.
    Thank you all for being here and continuing your awesome support even though NS dropped the ball. I am happy to be here.
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey and Jennifer!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hi, Tracey. You'll love it here. :)
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

So glad you are here!!
  • tiphaniehealey
    tiphaniehealey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tiphanie, I am a first time mother of a beautiful 6 1/2 month old baby girl! I just finished met first week of nutrisystem & lost 6 pounds!!! Definitely going to continue with this program as I embark on my weight loss journey! I have 73 pounds total to lose & Im determined to be successful!
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tiphanie!! I'm so glad you found us.

Friends, this is my niece. I am so proud of her. She is doing a fantastic job!!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hi, Tiphanie. Pretty name. So good to have you with us. Congrats on the 6 pound loss.

And, you SHOULD be proud, Randy. :)
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tiphanie. Just follow your uncle's lead and you should do great!
  • kayakqueen53
    kayakqueen53 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amy. I am originally from Lenexa, Kansas, but have lived in Spokane, Washington, since I was 13 years old. I Have fought weight gain almost my entire life. I have been on many diet programs over the years. You name it, I probably tried it. I reached my goal weight in the 1980s on Weight Watchers. But I've never been able to get that thin since. When I turned 40 I gained 40 pounds. I've put on and taken off that 40 several times since then.

Finally this year my husband said I had to do something. I was mad, but he was right. What he wanted was for me to have bariatric surgery. I looked into doing this but decided against this drastic measure. I thought that with the right program and support I could lose weight.

I joined Nutrisystem last Thanksgiving. So far I have lost almost 45 pounds on the program. I still have 45 to 50 pounds to go. But I like most of the food and love the support from other NS members. My husband is seeing me get smaller. At first, he was a bit skeptical. I was eating what looked like good and sinful meals. He kept asking me if I were cheating as I dug into my salad and lasagne. Now he doesn't do that. He has seen that I can eat well and still lose weight.

I love to hike in the woods and kayak in the summer. This year these activities will be a lot easier for me. I am beginning to get into some of my really nice suits now, too. Since I am a lawyer, I need to look like a professional. It was difficult to look good in the roomy knit dresses and big jackets I had to wear the past 5 years. I don't know how many Travelsmith knit dresses I've gone through! I was able to wear a nice (smaller) suit jacket, white shirt, and black trousers with heels last Friday! It was awesome!

Mind you, I have not been perfect and probably could lose the weight faster if I stuck to the diet 100% all of the time. But I know I'm also human. Sometimes I make mistakes. I just keep getting back on the program and don't dwell on my missteps too much.

I'm just hoping that with all of the recent changes, Nutrisystem doesn't abandon the transition and maintenance programs. That's the key, I think. This means I'll be around not just a few more months, but a year or two. My nephew just got accepted into a prestigious graduate school and I need to wear my size 8 raw silk suit to his graduation in 3 years. I can hardly wait. But it is a journey of 1000 steps.
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amy. I am originally from Lenexa, Kansas, but have lived in Spokane, Washington, since I was 13 years old. I Have fought weight gain almost my entire life. I have been on many diet programs over the years. You name it, I probably tried it. I reached my goal weight in the 1980s on Weight Watchers. But I've never been able to get that thin since. When I turned 40 I gained 40 pounds. I've put on and taken off that 40 several times since then.

Finally this year my husband said I had to do something. I was mad, but he was right. What he wanted was for me to have bariatric surgery. I looked into doing this but decided against this drastic measure. I thought that with the right program and support I could lose weight.

I joined Nutrisystem last Thanksgiving. So far I have lost almost 45 pounds on the program. I still have 45 to 50 pounds to go. But I like most of the food and love the support from other NS members. My husband is seeing me get smaller. At first, he was a bit skeptical. I was eating what looked like good and sinful meals. He kept asking me if I were cheating as I dug into my salad and lasagne. Now he doesn't do that. He has seen that I can eat well and still lose weight.

I love to hike in the woods and kayak in the summer. This year these activities will be a lot easier for me. I am beginning to get into some of my really nice suits now, too. Since I am a lawyer, I need to look like a professional. It was difficult to look good in the roomy knit dresses and big jackets I had to wear the past 5 years. I don't know how many Travelsmith knit dresses I've gone through! I was able to wear a nice (smaller) suit jacket, white shirt, and black trousers with heels last Friday! It was awesome!

Mind you, I have not been perfect and probably could lose the weight faster if I stuck to the diet 100% all of the time. But I know I'm also human. Sometimes I make mistakes. I just keep getting back on the program and don't dwell on my missteps too much.

I'm just hoping that with all of the recent changes, Nutrisystem doesn't abandon the transition and maintenance programs. That's the key, I think. This means I'll be around not just a few more months, but a year or two. My nephew just got accepted into a prestigious graduate school and I need to wear my size 8 raw silk suit to his graduation in 3 years. I can hardly wait. But it is a journey of 1000 steps.

It sounds like you have certainly got a grasp of how to be successful on this program! 45 pounds is quite an awesome accomplishment. I can't wait to see pictures of you in your raw silk suit!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hello, Amy.

I agree ... you have done a wonderful job. A great accomplishment with the 45 pound loss. Glad you found your way here.

• 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Gina. I am 42, wife of 22 years to a teacher. lol. One daughter, 19 and in college. I have always fluctuated between a size 10-14, but after years of 'yo-yo' dieting it takes a toll on your skin and muscle tone. I guess the wake up call was the day my family physician informed me that my A1C was 6.4, and she considers 6.5 to be diabetic. With several family members who are slaves to the dialysis machine because they didn't keep their sugar levels in check...I told myself, "this will not be my story." So here I am 6 weeks into NS, 12 lbs down and 28 lbs to goal. Although, I really don't care about the number, I want to find the size and weight my body tells me is right. When that A1C lowers and I feel more toned and energetic I will know. I'm on here to share recipes, take and give advice and just be supportive in this journey.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hi Gina. So good to meet you.

I am Diabetic and know exactly what you mean. I of course need to lose some weight, but most of all, I need to improve my health. Been on NS for about 6 1/2 weeks, too.

Great having you join us. Congrats on the weight loss. :)
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Gina. So good to meet you.

I am Diabetic and know exactly what you mean. I of course need to lose some weight, but most of all, I need to improve my health. Been on NS for about 6 1/2 weeks, too.

Great having you join us. Congrats on the weight loss. :)

thanks! Great to meet you too....I just noticed a whoops. I teach also, that's why I posted I am married to a teacher. lol
  • mariawhipple64
    mariawhipple64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Maria I am from Burlington Colorado. I just join Nutrisystem last week I am on the Fast Five I'm on day 2 and I'm tired today so I don't know if that's normal or not. I plan on losing a hundred and twenty-five pounds. I have 4 kids a husband of one year and a father with terminal cancer so I wanted something that was easy to do. the food tastes great that I have eaten so far. I just wanted some support and I saw that they didn't have their message boards anymore so I came here
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hello, maria. Great having you.

I didn't do the Fast 5, so not sure what all you have to eat, etc. Just be sure you get in your required amounts of proteins, carbs, etc. Whatever is on your plan. It helps to reduce fatigue. Some tiredness is to be expected as your body adjusts.

• chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria, Charlie here. Keep focused. Work the plan. If you are exercising, slow down while on the fast five. It will work out. If you do not perk up soon, contact one of the counselors to ensure you are on the proper plan, and/or your Dr. Welcome, looking forward to seeing great results from you. Speak up when you need to, we are all here for you.