New mom, not new to trying to lose weight!

Options
MrsFunk25
MrsFunk25 Posts: 3 Member
Hello, I am a mother of a spirited daughter who is almost 3. About 6 months after she was born my job decided to have a biggest loser contest. I lost 40 pounds in 3 months and since then have gained it all back.

Replies

• MrsFunk25
    MrsFunk25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I should add, I'm new on MFP and don't know how it works exactly with groups and friends. I just love sharing stories, being able to relate, especially when you love 'bad' food, and hearing what works for others. Looking for new friends!
  • PilatesConvert
    PilatesConvert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If 'new mom' extends to age 3 I'm screwed. My son is 12 weeks. This is NEW! and HARD! But eating healthy and exercising is important. Losing the baby weight will come with that. I let my weight go in high school and college and realized around senior year I was clinically obese. And freaked out, joined weight watchers, lost 40 pounds, and mostly kept it off for the last 13 years. Until my little monster came along.

I like MFP. I just bought a Fitbit Charge HR because I like tracking and challenging myself. I can do this, and the most help I get the easier and less lonely it will be.
  • wholesometemptress
    wholesometemptress Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too have a "spirited" two year old ! ;) I just joined MFP. I have lost the weight I gained during pregnancy, but cannot lose anymore and was already 20 pounds over weight! I struggle the most on weekends and during "that of the month"!

This mom stuff is HARD...
    This week I have tried really hard to log every bite and it helps me a little. But what I think is NOT helping me with the app is that I log my exercise and then it increases my allowed calories and then I end up eating more! Any way to turn this off, or should I just not enter my exercise?

• MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello! I also have an "almost" 3 year old who is full of energy. I also have a 5 year old and a 8 week old so I'm pretty busy !
    Feel free to add me ! I am mainly struggling with emotional eating but I'm taking baby steps
  • TheWazzer27
    TheWazzer27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I too have a "spirited" two year old ! ;) I just joined MFP. I have lost the weight I gained during pregnancy, but cannot lose anymore and was already 20 pounds over weight! I struggle the most on weekends and during "that of the month"!

This mom stuff is HARD...
    This week I have tried really hard to log every bite and it helps me a little. But what I think is NOT helping me with the app is that I log my exercise and then it increases my allowed calories and then I end up eating more! Any way to turn this off, or should I just not enter my exercise?

I ALWAYS eat back my calories from exercising. It's the only way I can maintain dieting. It's my motivation to exercise because I get to eat more, lol. Eating those calories will not sabotage your diet as long as you have logged EVERYTHING and your calories burned is pretty accurate. It's about Net calories at the end of the day. It works well when I have a special occasion coming up and I know there will be plenty of "treats" served. I can put in a really good work out and know I have extra calories to work with. Not everyone eats back those calories though. For me it helps me live a more realistic lifestyle because if I restrict food too much I'm more likely to fall off the wagon! You may have to play around with it to see what works for you. I tried not eating those calories once and found I loss more weight when I DID eat them.

To answer your question though, if you don't want to see those calories added back I think the only thing you can do is not log your exercise.
  • morganjessica882
    morganjessica882 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I am a mother of 3... A 4 year old, a 2 year old and an 11month old. As you all can guess I have gained a good amount of weight with the pregnancies and I am currently working on losing the weight and toning up my body. The weight loss for me is going well but the toning is hard. I have the "baby pouch" from having a c-sections for all 3 kids and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and what can be done to fix this? Also if anyone wants to be my motivation and support buddy please friend request me!
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I am a mother of 3... A 4 year old, a 2 year old and an 11month old. As you all can guess I have gained a good amount of weight with the pregnancies and I am currently working on losing the weight and toning up my body. The weight loss for me is going well but the toning is hard. I have the "baby pouch" from having a c-sections for all 3 kids and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and what can be done to fix this? Also if anyone wants to be my motivation and support buddy please friend request me!

All 3 of mine were c-sections too! My youngest is 8 weeks old. I have the pouch issue too :(
  • mrice7
    mrice7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is anyone breastfeeding? I have a 15 week old and am BF and pumping and I'm afraid-if I diet too much-I'll lose my supply. This happened to a friend of mine. Any advice?
  • AOakleyLucas
    AOakleyLucas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mrice7 wrote: »
    Is anyone breastfeeding? I have a 15 week old and am BF and pumping and I'm afraid-if I diet too much-I'll lose my supply. This happened to a friend of mine. Any advice?

I've read that if you gradually reduce your calories over a few weeks and don't go under 1500 calories per day, it should not effect your milk supply.