First try BPC

Options
Katieusa68
Katieusa68 Posts: 27 Member
i just tried my first cup of bulletproof coffee. After eating 2 meals and over 1000 calories today at 70% fat and less than 5% carbs, I was still feeling hungry. So I decided to try the coffee. I think my recipe came in at 224 calories. I would like to report that I am feeling full and satisfied for the first time in a long time. I made myself finish but 2/3 through I was full. It is going to be very interesting to see how long this carries me.

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I drink BPC every workday morning, and it carries me until lunch at noon. It would probably take me further, but I have a very strict 12-1 lunchtime, so if I don't eat then I won't eat until evening, and I'm afraid I might try to gnaw off someone's arm or something before then. :wink:
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I drink BPC every workday morning, and it carries me until lunch at noon. It would probably take me further, but I have a very strict 12-1 lunchtime, so if I don't eat then I won't eat until evening, and I'm afraid I might try to gnaw off someone's arm or something before then. :wink:

I used to think that too, so much so I would not even fast for religious reasons! But then I took the bull by the horns and decided to fast. Shockingly, I did not feel as ravenous and hangry like when I was a carbivore! I do IF, mostly 16-18 hours, but once in a while I will go for 24 or 36.
    I used to make my doctor appointments for the morning because I was afraid of going too long without eating (for that fasting bloodwork) and because the ADA says eat small meals throughout the day to prevent BG spikes ;) LOL! Yet, now, I made my next appt for nearly 2 in the afternoon, knowing I will be just fine not having eaten since the night before.
    I love my BPC, but it has to have caffeine (I dislike decaf) so I only drink it in the am. But you sure have me craving some now!
  • Katieusa68
    Katieusa68 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I must say that it was very good. And now we are headed to a graduation and we are eating out and I am not hungry! All I can say is "wow!!"
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was skeptical, too, before I started. Mine comes in at 374 calories and 35g of fat. Hard to believe that coffee alone can keep me going until almost 2 pm.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Katieusa68, welcome to the world of not being hungry. It's a world you've probably never known before, but does exist! You will have hangry days, but they will be about once a month (sorry, that Tom does exist with this woe), but they will be easier to tolerate the longer you stick with this woe!! I promise!!!!!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've been making bpc for a few days now as a meal replacement in the mornings. I'm using extra thick double cream in place of the butter, and virgin coconut oil which i thought i would hate but actually tastes so amazing that I've stopped adding sweetener. If it wasn't 270+ cal per mug I'd drink it all day. I'm not sure whether it's down to the fats or the caffeine (I'm usually strictly decaff) but I'm buzzing for most of the day with it. Yesterday 2 mugs in the morning saw me through til 4pm including a half hour run at the gym :-), and the only reason I ate then was because I was craving salt.