Weekly current: 18-26 May

Options
Foamroller
Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
It was a big national holiday yesterday, we're celebrating at some friends and everyone brings a dish. Gosh, people have become so good at cooking, the buffet easily surpasses many «restaurants». Although I had eaten before the event, to not eat so much, I tried some lush choco brownie/fondant-y cake. Game over!

I'm normally not a very sweets oriented person, but it was so good I'd marry whoever made it. And I just couldn't stop eating when I got home too. Woke up at 4am with terrible pains in tummy. Choco cake not worth it. Lesson learnt.

Today is another day, move on. Happy fasting everyone :)

Replies

• iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is the answer and I don't care what the question is ;)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hey all! It's so quiet here....where's everyone gone :( Fast day for me to day and it was a killer...I was running all morning and didn't have anything. Over indulged yesterday so feeling extra tired today. Just had my dinner and am happy now, but still tired...want to crawl into bed.

Next Monday marks 6 weeks til my birthday (big 35) and I will be starting a 6 week 5:2 challenge for myself. I will begin with weigh-in next Sunday. I will make a thread and note my progress to really just try and push and modivate myself. If anyone wants to join along with me I will welcome the support.

Love to all you 5:2ers <3
  • Foamroller
    edited May 2015
    Options

If YOU, have no trouble eating chocolate, good for you! You are lucky. I only shared my experience. For ME sweet desserts are trigger food that easily lead to bingeing stuffing to the gills. I don't like myself when I do that because it's overstepping MY healthy boundaries. So I have to be extra careful eating those foods. Please respect we are all different and can react differently to food items.

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    FD #1 and first fast day/exercise day in about 1 1/2 months. Glad to be back. Glad to have caught up on the 5:2 posts. Move forward, one minute at a time.

Food is such a hard addiction. Unlike alcohol or cigarettes, we can't just quit eating. We have to face it everyday, three times a day (unless we are fasting :wink: ). And what what causes us to stumble can be different. Chocolate is a big one for me too. Kills me to say no to chocolate. I totally get the statement "Chocolate is the answer and I don't care what the question is". I would love a world where I could live on chocolate! Yet, I feel emptiness and remorse (not to mention feeling physically sick) every time I binge on it (or pretty much anything I binge on). I know we are all fighting the same battle because we are here. Some will be on the front lines, some will be in the back looking for their place. No matter where we stand, we need each other. That is how we will get through. That is what makes this group work.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Rare check in here. Today is a 6:1 maintenance fast day. No problems to report. Been in maintenance since the beginning of the year. Guess my point would be that 24hr fasting works really well! Alrighty, have a good day.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Ack...I am still around from time to time. Still hovering at about 35 lbs lost, I've been halfheartedly fasting...got some good 50 hour ones in there over the past few weeks. I think once I get back to my 52 lbs lost mark it'll be on like toasted pecans again.
  • jknight001
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    ...it'll be on like toasted pecans again.

Is that like some New Orleans hipster phrase? :grin:

Glad you're down 35. It's still a net loss.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »

If YOU, have no trouble eating chocolate, good for you! You are lucky. I only shared my experience. For ME sweet desserts are trigger food that easily lead to bingeing stuffing to the gills. I don't like myself when I do that because it's overstepping MY healthy boundaries. So I have to be extra careful eating those foods. Please respect we are all different and can react differently to food items.

Woah! lighten up. It was meant as a joke. Sorry if you were offended.

Bye bye folks, I'm off. Good luck on your journeys, ALL of you.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I managed one successful fast day last week, which I don't think was so bad since it was my first week. Yesterday was a normal day and I was 200 cals under my goal, it's my fast day today and I have it all planned out. So I'm off to a good start! I've planned my next fast for Thursday, I don't think I'm ready for 2 fast days in a row just yet!

I haven't weighed myself, but I will be after my second fast day.

I've started exercising again this week too and I've never felt better! Pilates yesterday and a fitnessblender lower body strength/weight workout today :)

I've started looking forward to my fast days. It's a real reminder of how little my body actually needs to function!
  • jknight001
    Options
    FD #2. Just learned that we our having our Little League team party tonight @ Chuck E. Cheese (basically a kids place where they have bad food and arcade games for kids to play). They do have a salad bar but I think I will go online and see if I can find calorie counts.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Have been doing some B2B weeks as they have been busy. Some 50% TDEE days too, just to keep my weight in check as there are so many festivities to enjoy in May. Got back from Italy very late on Sunday, but we had great weather and fun SUPing / running / walking / dolce far niente / eating / drinking / etc....

Have a new little pic for you peops in that polka dotted dress I treated myself to a few weeks ago.
    @orlcam: No boots this time, but heels! I was a bit amazed as I looked at the pics....I look pretty d*** good in that dress B) Mom is still recuperating from her shoulder joint replacement and a bit crooked, but doing well and also down about 14kg with the help of 5:2.

4vqevs9mundy.jpg

My new profile pic shows May 2013 / 2014 / 2015. Though my weight is up a bit at the moment, maintainance is still work, but going well.

Next step....Tummy and abs will be tucked in exactly two weeks!
  • jknight001
    Options
    @flumi_f - you look fantastic! Not just the weight loss, but also that you look very healthy. What a great motivational pic for 5:2 Fasting. :triumph:
  • Foamroller
    Options
    @Maquillage_ . Good to hear your finding your system :) As mentioned somewhere else, this is very flexible so tailor the eating plan to YOUR lifestyle. Whenever I tried look at other diet plans before, it was just too many rules.

@flumi_f. That's a really cute ensemble! You look great :)

@angela. Sorry late response to you, I have been overwhelmed. Haven't forgotten about your questions.

@snaps. Make the thread! You can do it :)

@orlcam . Sometimes half hearted is still a win compared to total freefallin' off the grid. Even keeping maintenace is a win vs gaining!

@jknight. Ty for your generous support. I'm very happy you're back and I've missed you.

@feisty_bucket . You inspired me. Are those 600 kcal semi fasts ? I know that I can't shake scale without a longer fast like that. Time to buckle on.
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f you look amazing - thank you for the inspiration
    @orlcam - glad you are doing a few fasts. You obviously know what you are doing, but do you think starting back with 24 hours fasts might be easier than doing the 50 hours? anyways at least you caught yourself before you gained back ALL of the weight you lost.

@jknight001 - chuck e cheese is hard - can you try to be active - chase the kids around?

@Foamroller - no problem, just wondered how adding more fasting worked for you.

I have been trying to do 2 days of 500 calorie fasting and once a week, i will skip lunch to have a medium calorie day. I found skipping lunch is easiest for me.

I still am trying to get back down to starting weight from last year!!! UGGG

angela
  • jknight001
    Options
    Survived Chuck E. Cheese. Only had one slice of pizza. Someone else ordered a platter to share that included celery! So I had some celery. When I came back I filled in the rest of my calories with nuts and a carrot. I think the fasting really helps calm the desire for junk food. Back to TDEE today. Wishing you all the best on whatever day you are on.
  • orlcam
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    ...it'll be on like toasted pecans again.

Is that like some New Orleans hipster phrase? :grin:

Glad you're down 35. It's still a net loss.
    No...it just rhymes with "Donkey Kong" ...and you can eat them.
  • orlcam
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Have a new little pic for you peops in that polka dotted dress I treated myself to a few weeks ago.
    @orlcam: No boots this time, but heels! I was a bit amazed as I looked at the pics....I look pretty d*** good in that dress ...
    Nice stems.

• orlcam
    Options
    angela233Z wrote: »
    @orlcam - glad you are doing a few fasts. You obviously know what you are doing, but do you think starting back with 24 hours fasts might be easier than doing the 50 hours? anyways at least you caught yourself before you gained back ALL of the weight you lost.
    Nope...I've come to realize I never know what I am doing, even when I'm sure I do (warning: this statement may even be incorrect).

Fasting doesn't seem to be my nemesis...I've done it so many different ways I can handle that aspect of it. Recently I have even found it much easier to just not eat 600 calories. If I need to eat I'll grab something small... strawberries/grapes/wasabi peas/pickles. Usually winding up around 300 cal or so.

I have gotten out of the habit of logging, that's the biggie...the second is not cooking, been so busy lately that I've gone down the forbidden road of convenience.

I need to hurry up and make a few million so I can relax and just concentrate on my eating...alas!
  • orlcam
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Survived Chuck E. Cheese. Only had one slice of pizza. Someone else ordered a platter to share that included celery! So I had some celery. When I came back I filled in the rest of my calories with nuts and a carrot. I think the fasting really helps calm the desire for junk food. Back to TDEE today. Wishing you all the best on whatever day you are on.
    You're a trooper...I always find an excuse when pizza is involved...it's so hard to rationalize when you have a bevy of Italian meats and cheeses flooding your senses.

It's also why I don't go to strip clubs....the phrase "don't touch" just totally defies all reason and logic.
  • jknight001
    Options
    You're a trooper...I always find an excuse when pizza is involved...it's so hard to rationalize when you have a bevy of Italian meats and cheeses flooding your senses.

It's also why I don't go to strip clubs....the phrase "don't touch" just totally defies all reason and logic.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am trying to embrace the idea that like "you can't have it all", you can't eat it all. Would love to reach my GW this time around.