Losing is great; but what about the sag?

Options
I love that I'm losing weight with nutrisystem! But I'm afraid everything will just sag when I reach my 73 pound weight loss goal! What kinds of exercises do y'all do to tone? Also anyone has this "sag" experience?

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Love to know what others do, too.
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest fear, too. I do some weight training to try to combat what's to come....
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I know losing weight rapidly and especially with advancing age, it will sag. But, the way we are losing ... slowly ... and, the good nutrition, should help to avoid some of the sag.
  • tiphaniehealey
    tiphaniehealey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback. I walk a lot;; I wi have to look in to weight training !
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Other things to do....keep up the water, moisturize and enjoy the slow pace of weight loss....that along with the weight training will help the skin sag....massage also helps, too!!!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I had heard that, too, about massage.

Now, if I can only find a place where I can get a massage at least 3 times a day. :)
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ive lost almost 30 lbs and so far, no sag except the bat wings on my arms. Uugh!
  • evhutchings
    Options
    I had heard that, too, about massage.

Now, if I can only find a place where I can get a massage at least 3 times a day. :)
    I'm with you on that!!!!

• evhutchings
    Options
    MsDimeo wrote: »
    Ive lost almost 30 lbs and so far, no sag except the bat wings on my arms. Uugh!
    Me too! The no sag is the one thing I do appreciate about losing weight slowly!!!!!

• xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Still... I'll take skinny and healthy with sag over fat and unhealthy with no sag any time. :smile:
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Very very true, Koala. :)
  • tiphaniehealey
    tiphaniehealey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Still... I'll take skinny and healthy with sag over fat and unhealthy with no sag any time. :smile:

Love that;; so true!
  • dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Since you are young, it should be easier to tone it up. Do exercises using weights. Do sit ups, planks, and push ups. Unfortunately, I waited until I was in my 40s to get serious about weight loss. I have a little apron of fat around my belly from having children that just hangs there. BUT, I was once 246 pounds, and now I am 170. The sagging skin is not nearly as noticeable as the fat body was.
  • dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wait, let me claim that pound I lost.... I am 169, not 170. LOL
  • GOAT_MOMMY
    GOAT_MOMMY Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I've been learning is to do squats and other body weight exercises to tone up the thighs, hamstrings and glutes. Most people don’t focus on leg exercises enough, which is a big mistake as the thighs and hamstrings have the potential to be the most powerful muscles in the body. Planks can be helpful as well as crunches for abs and belly. We can ward off some of the sag, but depending on how much was gained, how fast it was lost, age, etc I'm still expecting sag tho. You can hide sag with clothes, you can't hide fat.