Sesame Ginger Chicken Shelf Stable Dinner

Options
RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Sesame Ginger Chicken Shelf Stable Dinner
ygur02y2x6um.jpg

I liked this one, it was a little watery, I may remove the plastic for part of the heating cycle to thicken it up or add a LE of Instant Rice partially re-hydrated with 1/2 the water before heating so it picks up the flavor and thickens the broth. I will reorder this one once I use up the other two.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Container 9.5 ounces
Servings Per Container 1.0
Amount Per Serving
Calories 240
Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6.0g 9%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 70mg 23%
Sodium 600mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 27g 9%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 5g
Protein 19g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 2%
Iron 2%

Enjoy
Roger

Replies

• mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like this one too, it is very saucy so the last time I had it I nuked a bag of stir fry veggies and poured the entree over them, the sauce was just right to cover the veggies and make it a big meal.
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    mslesam wrote: »
    I like this one too, it is very saucy so the last time I had it I nuked a bag of stir fry veggies and poured the entree over them, the sauce was just right to cover the veggies and make it a big meal.

I did something similar when I had this (for the second time) the other night. I used a whole steamer bag of "Asian Inspired" veggies to go along with it. It was a mixture of carrots, baby corn (counts as a veggie), broccoli and snap peas, with a small amount of some type of Asian seasoning. It went very well together and ... the fact that I ate a whole bag of veggies :open_mouth: ... haha
  • RogerToo
    Options

Hi Lesa
    I'll have to try that, I have two left and one more in my latest order, whenever that gets delivered.
    Thanks
    Roger
    spamanda53 wrote: »

I did something similar when I had this (for the second time) the other night. I used a whole steamer bag of "Asian Inspired" veggies to go along with it. It was a mixture of carrots, baby corn (counts as a veggie), broccoli and snap peas, with a small amount of some type of Asian seasoning. It went very well together and ... the fact that I ate a whole bag of veggies :open_mouth: ... haha

Hi Amanda
    I do have some fresh Snap peas in the refrigerator I can add in. I am trying to use up the last of my frozen dinners to make room for the upcoming delivery so I do not know if I'll use them there or elsewhere.

I believe that Baby Corn counts as a Vegetable due to being low sugars and high fiber.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Amanda
    I do have some fresh Snap peas in the refrigerator I can add in. I am trying to use up the last of my frozen dinners to make room for the upcoming delivery so I do not know if I'll use them there or elsewhere.

I believe that Baby Corn counts as a Vegetable due to being low sugars and high fiber.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Correct. Per dietary services it counts as a vegetable.

I assume it has something to do with the fact that you eat the 'cob' part of it. Similar to how snap peas count as a veggie while traditional peas count as a SC. The outside 'casing' on the peas and the center 'cob' on the corn must add enough fiber to help make it a veggie rather than an SC.

I don't really know but it doesn't really matter I guess -- I get to eat baby corn and snap peas as veggies. I'm happy. haha
  • RogerToo
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Correct. Per dietary services it counts as a vegetable.

I assume it has something to do with the fact that you eat the 'cob' part of it. Similar to how snap peas count as a veggie while traditional peas count as a SC. The outside 'casing' on the peas and the center 'cob' on the corn must add enough fiber to help make it a veggie rather than an SC.

I don't really know but it doesn't really matter I guess -- I get to eat baby corn and snap peas as veggies. I'm happy. haha

Hi Amanda
    I hope You have a wonderful Holiday Weekend

I think You are right that it is the fiber from them that makes the difference.
    Cheers
    Roger
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Had this last night and it turned out great. I usually buy only Frozen but decided to give this a try. In the morning, I cooked the (Shirataki) rice in about a cup and a half of water with 1/2-3/4 Tbsp of Simply Asian seasoning. The water tastes salty, but the rice turns out great. After the rice was cooked, I drained it and spread it out on a paper towel covered plate then put it in the fridge uncovered. Helps to dry it out. At dinner time, I nuked the veg in a bowl big enough for everything; added the rice and heated; nuked the NS meal per directions and added it to the veg and rice. There was the perfect amount of sauce to generously coat the 1 cup each of veg and rice and all in all a great one dish meal.
    1 pkg Shirataki Rice and 1 cup Asian Blend Frozen Veg.