Any sweet foods/desserts that are low-cal?

Options
I have a major sugar weakness which is why I'm not losing weight as fast as I should be. Can someone tell me some sweet foods to snack on or have for dessert?

Replies

• rmbran1949
    rmbran1949 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. My husband's diabetic so I buy the sugar free brownie, cake mixes & icing. You can find them at most large grocery stores. Also, For something quick, I spread sugar free jelly or preserves on light English Muffins.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Chocolate-chocolate chip banana "ice cream" 52 calories per ounce.
    For no sugar you can omit the chocolate chips.

Use ripe bananas: peel, cut into 1-2 inch chunks and freeze. Measure (weigh) out 8 oz. of bananas
    Put them in a food processor with 1/4 cup cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract' Pulse mixture until smooth like soft serve ice cream. add in 1 oz of Ghiradelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips. Pulse slightly to mix. Spoon into a container, cover and freeze ( or eat as soft serve.) 52 calories per ounce. (about a 1/4 cup) But weigh it to be exact.

I have also made this and added 1 oz of no salt roasted peanuts (have to add peanuts calories in to total)
    or to make chocolate chip mint use mint extract instead of vanilla.
  • denisefleet
    denisefleet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Two overripe bananas, 1 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Mash bananas, stir all three together. Drop onto greased baking sheet, I make about 18 cookies. Bake approx 10 minutes or until the edges are browning. Very yummy! Best when hot so I re- heat each time I want some. They are under 50 cal per cookie. Great for breakfast too!!
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Somedays, when I want a pudding but don't want/need to eat more, I go for a low-cal hot chocolate about an hour after my dinner instead of a pudding. Still get the sweet kick I need without the calories. If I'm still hungry though, I tend to hit the fruit and yoghurt or I bake an apple, as this will fill me up but in less than 200cal.
  • leahmarg
    leahmarg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Somedays, when I want a pudding but don't want/need to eat more, I go for a low-cal hot chocolate about an hour after my dinner instead of a pudding. Still get the sweet kick I need without the calories. If I'm still hungry though, I tend to hit the fruit and yoghurt or I bake an apple, as this will fill me up but in less than 200cal.

Louubelle16, I've been wondering how to "bake an apple." I don't remember what to add to it (cinnamon, sugar, anything else?) and how long to bake it and what temp. Help? Thanks.

• acbaldwin5234
    acbaldwin5234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Doles Sugar Free Fruit Bars, they are low cal and only 6g of Carbs.

Also look up recipes for protein muffins, you can modify them to stay under 200 cal by substituting egg whites and greek yogurt and coco powder...and they are delish
  • glassgallm
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mini apple "pie" : peel a medium sweet apple ( I like macintosh or jonathons), cut it into thin slices and core them. Put apple pieces in microwave safe bowl in the microwave with 1 teaspoon of water and a little shake of cinnamon. Microwave 1-2 minutes until slightly soft (depends on the max watts of your microwave). Remove and let cool slightly. Divide into 2 small bowls and crumble 1 square of a graham cracker over each. About 73 calories each. 2 tablespoons of squirt whipped cream on each will add 15 extra calories to each.

You can also do this with peaches, pears. I also make it with fresh pineapple chunks. (Calories will differ depending on the fruit you use.)
  • ChiaraLovesLifting
    ChiaraLovesLifting Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if you love ice cream then you have to try out this recipe. it is so delicious!
    all you need is:
    150g lowfat quark (or lowfat greek yogurt)
    100g frozen fruits (i love blueberries!)
    10g protein powder (i use blueberry cheesecake, but it also works well with chocolate or vanilla or whatever you like)
    a little bit almond milk

put all together in a blender.
    and there you go
  • princesssofi22
    princesssofi22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE plain Greek yogurt, 1serving of sugar free cheesecake jello mix, handful of chopped strawberries, blueberries and sweetner is optional!
  • glassgallm
    Options
    Mini cheesecake bites: makes 12 at 53 calories each without any topping (think cookie sized)
    12 vanilla wafers
    8 oz plain non-fat greek yogurt
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 large egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 F
    In muffin tin for 12 place 12 cupcake papers
    place a vanilla wafer in each paper. (They are usually smaller than the cupcake paper, this is ok)
    In a medium bowl mix together yogurt, sugar, egg and extract. Whisk until smooth.
    Spoon about 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture over each wafer to evenly make 12.
    Bake about 25 min. Do not brown. Remove from oven, cool, refrigerate.

Variations: toppings (add in variations' calories to total above) teaspoon of fruit preserves: cherry, blueberry, etc. or, while hot out of the oven top each with 3 Ghiradelli chocolate chips. let melt and spread over top, or for chococolate cheesecake add 1/4 cup cocoa to yogurt batter and make as above.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    sugar free Popsicles are 15 calories and 4 carbs each.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Plain greek 0% yogurt, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of honey.
  • sydneelise
    sydneelise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can make coconut bars out of coconut oil, honey, and coconut flakes. Just mix it and freeze it in wax paper. You can also add melted dark chocolate to the top(:
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of baked apples! It has been a while since I made them. Great!

My favorite purchased dessert is a new one: In the line of Skinny Cows products: Truffle Bars, 100 calories each.
    I love their ice cream sandwiches, but the truffle bars are even better.

This morning I am baking Chewy Cupcake Brownies (70 calories each)
    3/4 cup flour
    1/2 cup brown sugar packed + 1T additional
    3 T unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup applesauce
    1/2 tsp cider vinegar
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1. Mix flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
    2. In a separate bowl mix water, applesauce, vinegar, and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients.
    3. Use muffin pans, muffin papers, and also spray pan with cooking spray. Fill each muffin paper 1/2 full.
    Bake 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
    You can easily freeze these, also.

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    glassgallm wrote: »
    Mini cheesecake bites: makes 12 at 53 calories each without any topping (think cookie sized)
    12 vanilla wafers
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 large egg

Preheat oven to 325 F
    place a vanilla wafer in each paper. (They are usually smaller than the cupcake paper, this is ok)
    In a medium bowl mix together yogurt, sugar, egg and extract. Whisk until smooth.

Variations: toppings (add in variations' calories to total above) teaspoon of fruit preserves: cherry, blueberry, etc. or, while hot out of the oven top each with 3 Ghiradelli chocolate chips. let melt and spread over top, or for chococolate cheesecake add 1/4 cup cocoa to yogurt batter and make as above.

Thanks so much for this one! I will try it. I have some blueberries in the refrigerator that will make a perfect topping. I love desserts like this that are 100 calories or less.

• isloogirl
    isloogirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Delicious Yoghurt with fruit:

3 tbsp Low fat yoghurt/or Greek yoghurt; 0.2 mango (or 1 slice, chopped), 3 red seedless grapes, 10 blueberries, 1 tsp almond butter, sprinkle of flax seeds (ground); and you can add peach, kiwi, raspberry, etc..stir, and enjoy - the best part is the mango with yoghurt, so refreshing. Almond butter is great for protein, and fills you up giving a nice aroma to the yoghurt, and lastly flax seeds are great for dietary fibre.
  • Pollyna87
    Pollyna87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe of Cocoa&Orange Muffins: every muffin is about 140Kcal. They are very good for breakfast or snack
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10171762/cocoa-and-orange-muffins#latest
  • magz1990
    magz1990 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    glassgallm wrote: »
    12 vanilla wafers
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 large egg

Preheat oven to 325 F

Great recipe, thanks, I've been looking for something like this!
  • glassgallm
    Options
    Chocolate chip banana "ice cream" makes 8 oz at 55 calories per ounce.

8 oz. frozen peeled banana chunks- I weigh them out.
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1 oz Giradelli 60 % cocoa chocolate chips
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla ext. or for mint chocolate chip add 1/8 teaspoon mint extract.

Combine banana chunks, cocoa, and extract of choice in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is blended, then puree until smooth (consistancy of soft serve ice cream). Add chocolate chips and pulse to mix. Spoon into a container, cover and freeze, or eat as soft serve.
  • kaylintemp4
    kaylintemp4 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Frozen Yam Patties

real butter
    sprinkle with cinnamon
    bake 15-20mins on 350
    drizzle honey on top after

Taste like CAKE!