aha moment

Options
RLDeShazo
RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
I work as a math tutor. I have always struggled with my weight. I recently started tutoring an acquaintance of mine who is very pretty. As we are sitting there chatting about what she needs to work on, I'm feeling especially fat and dumpy (it doesn't help that a barely fit in the booth we are sitting in). As I listen to her, I realize that she also is feeling vulnerable. She is worried about coming off as dumb.
We all have our issues. Good for her for working on them!!

Replies

• Ginnaye2014
    Ginnaye2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    And good for you too! Every body has something they don't like or don't feel positive about.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Its easy to judge! Way to go for bothof you!
  • anewmemeant2be
    anewmemeant2be Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Truly an aha moment! I remember several years ago while my husband was dying from cancer we were walking the hallways as often as we could hoping to increase his strength. We would catch glimpses of patients who were all alone and going through similar difficulties. It would break my heart to see people without their family members at such a difficult time. Both sides of our family rallied around my husband and I quickly put my own pity party in check realizing that "everybody has a story".

For me, the true turning point was when I lined up all my aha moments and decided I no longer want to let not fitting into booths or chairs or clothes or even my job to define me. That was when I felt real change and am so thankful that my eyes and mind were wide open enough to recognize all those aha moments. Good for you for seeing them as well.
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well done girl, thats a life changing moment for you!!!

And @Anewmemeant2be sorry for your loss and you seem very insightful!!!
  • Sjk255
    Sjk255 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to get so caught up in our own insecurities that we forget the everyone has them. This is a great reminder that we all have struggles in life.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)