has the app helped?

Options
You lose weight by making you consciously want to eat better?

Are you feeling better losing weight or are you working out and eating better?

Replies

• mmonaghan99
    mmonaghan99 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel much better since I've been using the app. I have lost about 13 lbs so far! I've found that I feel a lot better from diet and exercise (I don't have a ton of time to exercise because I'm finishing grad school), and I am very motivated to stick with mfp. I like to cook and so does my bf (who is also doing mfp), so having lots of yummy recipes that are healthy makes a huge difference. But it has definitely helped, it's totally worth it.
  • lfcrow1973
    lfcrow1973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    it works because it makes you aware of what you are really putting in your mouth in regards to caloric intake (input) vs. how much exercise (output). I have seen great success in the past using this app. Starting back up again.
  • staylorim
    staylorim Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It works for me. I always think before eating something unhealthy...hmmm...what would MFP say :-)
  • KarenDS2015
    KarenDS2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    MFP definitely helps me! I'm a sista that can really get out of control lol!
  • AmbPickering
    AmbPickering Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Starting back up myself. This app makes me think twice before snacking. Too often I pop in a biscuit or cake and it doesn't even register in my mind that I have had it! This app also makes me want to walk more instead of using the car since it is integrated with map my walk xx
  • espial411
    espial411 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to have this help I am watching what I eat, how much I eat and not snacking.
  • espial411
    espial411 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 lbs so far yeah!
    I am working at this very slowly.
  • NotAsThick
    NotAsThick Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Like the others have said, the app definitely makes you aware of your intake. I also love the fact that they've added the "community" feature to the app.
  • angelasj63
    angelasj63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Makes me think before I eat now. Shocker came when I went to lunch and got a wendy's cheeseburger, fries and I used most of my calories for the day on the lunch meal! That's when I realized the problem was the food choices I was making. So now before going out I plug it in and ask myself if it is worth it.
  • AngelFire404
    AngelFire404 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The app has help me a lot! I knew before that having McD's for breakfast and lunch wasn't good for my health, but now I can see which foods have the most nutritional value for the least amount of calories.
  • ReginaPhelangie
    ReginaPhelangie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    staylorim wrote: »
    It works for me. I always think before eating something unhealthy...hmmm...what would MFP say :-)

This made me laugh, I do the same thing! Sometimes I plug it in and I'm like hmmm... doesn't look good so I don't eat it.
  • ReginaPhelangie
    ReginaPhelangie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love the app because it gives me the whole picture of what I'm eating. Before I was counting calories and staying within limits but then I started plugging things in and realized I was eating way too many carbs, or way too much sugar etc. There's more than just calories and it's great!
  • gking78
    gking78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Really like this app. Lost 4 lbs in 3 wks. Never tracked my calorie intake before but I know I was over doing it. I recently started weighing some of my foods. It definitely keeps me on point. I never thought portion control Meals could satisfy my needs but my full on smaller portions just as I were on overly portions meals.