Brain over Binge

Options
Totalkathy
Totalkathy Posts: 9 Member
i read this last weekend, it was amazing. I feel as if a light blinked in above my head. Anyone else read this great book? Id love to hear a response. Wow!

Replies

• Boffingirl_
    Boffingirl_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump xx
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting I'll have to check it out.
  • allegrettoandante
    allegrettoandante Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I read it, it wasn't a miracle cure for me the way it was for the author, but it puts things in perspective and was helpful overall. If you go to her website and read through the responses on her blog and look at forum threads, it seems like it's not a once and for all cure for most people, a lot of people struggle with the the how-to of actually detaching from urges. That's the difficult part. Knowing it's just a habit that's been wired into your brain is a helpful thought process about it though, I felt. A new way to look at things, that we just need to create new habits to replace the old one.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I like your thoughts about Habits. There was a book I read The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. My binge eating seems to be connected to late night TV watching and fatigue. That is a habit I have trouble re-wiring.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am the same hill mike; I have started watching evening tv in a room not right beside the kitchen, so laziness sets in and I cannot be bothered to go downstairs for more food. I often watch in bed and end up turning it off and going to bed early, which is also helpful.
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the book. I am hoping to use her method in combination with a healthy eating plan and amino acid therapy to break the binge cycle. Tomorrow is day 1. (Cue ominous music)