New here...again.

Options
Artemis68
Artemis68 Posts: 67 Member
just saying hello! I have been away from MFP and LCHF for quite a while. I find it really hard to stick to where I live and the people I live with ...hubby, kids...

I just recently learned I have a ligament tear in my knee after suffering with the pain for a year, which has sort of made it pretty clear I need to lose some weight to help it heal...or to ever run again.

So, this time I'm committed !! Even cutting out the weekday wines! And, thank goodness there's been progress these last two weeks or I'd have to rethink the no wine thing. Lol. I've lost 7.5 lbs in two weeks...and I'm thrilled!

Chat soon!

Artemis

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Welcome back!
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is my problem as well. I do love my alcohol on the weekends, and it is very hard to do low carb when everyone around you is eating them up. I have lost around 5 lbs in my first week, and I am looking to do the same this week, even though I know that I will have to push myself even harder. Do some workouts and not just sit on my butt when I get home from work(though it is so hard because I am a restaurant manager, and I am on my feet all day every day). You are doing great!! Keep up the awesomeness!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! It's hard but anything is possible if you stick with it. You'll be happier and healthier at the end :)
  • me_ona_diet
    me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a knee injury as well - torn meniscus as well as moderate osteoarthritis, and also made the decision to get back into the LC lifestyle to lose the weight and get back to being able to walk normally and do all the other things I want to do that my knee is preventing right now! Feel free to friend me if you want a kindred spirit going through something similar :)
  • Artemis68
    Artemis68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yay! Sent a friend invite. Thanks for the welcome back all!