Protein intake?

Options
gdelrosa
gdelrosa Posts: 26 Member
what is your protein intake? I am doing a fitness challenge and they want you to rate between 100 and 120 grams of protein a day. Of course I get no where near that and I am eating legumes, whole grains, and the occasional gardein product.

Replies

• MrKbailey
    MrKbailey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use Nutribiotic's Raw Organic Rice Protien Plain® to help increase my protein intake, especially after workouts.
  • momentai
    momentai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Firm tofu has a ton of protein and so does seitan.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    In my opinion people overdo The amount of protein you need is a lot less than a lot of people think. The recommendation is around 0.8 grams per kilo of bodyweight for a sedentary person. I'm training for an ultramarathon at the moment as a 196 pound man increasing my protein requirements to take that into account I'm still only aiming for around 90-100 g of protein most days which I normally hit with ease. There's a really good article on no meat athlete about protein. The aim should be sufficient Protein not the silly amounts that seem to be the trend now.

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/vegetarian-protein-primer/
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    kbaileysr wrote: »
    I use Nutribiotic's Raw Organic Rice Protien Plain® to help increase my protein intake, especially after workouts.
    What do you put in it for flavor?
  • Lowell_Zapata
    Lowell_Zapata Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Brown Jasmine rice (3-4 grams per cup) green peas (about 8-10 grams per cup) and black beans (12 grams or so) are staples for us. Also like tofu baked or fried, and soy or rice protein drinks. Black bean pasta is very expensive but packed with protein.
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree with isulo, people tend to overdo their protein intake. Check out my diary from yesterday. I think I got in 10% and I am starting to go into cutting/ weight gain mode.
  • bronkeekong
    bronkeekong Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Easiest way I found is to make a daily smoothie. (Rice protein and Peanut butter powder PB2)