What did you guys do after?

kickassbarbie
kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
Hey vive not been to active in this group but I'm curious as to what you guys progressed onto after nrolfw?

I'm thinking of starting up super charged in a few weeks having finished nrolfw (kinda doing 5×5 till my cut has finished atm) I've had great results with nrolfw but wondering if I'm just trying to play it safe by sticking to the same authors/style.
Wondering what everyone else went onto and how they found different programs like ss, nrol, supercharged, strong curves etc in comparison?

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    I did Stronglifts before NROLFW so want to go back to something similar and work on improving the main lifts (bench, squat, deadlift) but probably will do something a little different than SL. I like having a few accessories too so might look at ICF or starting strength, or follow like SL but do the accessories I have added to NROLFW and maybe some of the lifts from the different stages. I like the lat pulldown and some of the dumbbell work. I'm on stage 4 right now but will be skipping stage 6.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    I did strong curve, the mor advanced workout, glutteal goddess ;). I like it and my glutes are noticibly stronger!
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    I did Stronglifts before NROLFW so want to go back to something similar and work on improving the main lifts (bench, squat, deadlift) but probably will do something a little different than SL. I like having a few accessories too so might look at ICF or starting strength, or follow like SL but do the accessories I have added to NROLFW and maybe some of the lifts from the different stages. I like the lat pulldown and some of the dumbbell work. I'm on stage 4 right now but will be skipping stage 6.

Oh ICF looks good! I thought about going back to strong lifts with accessories but couldn't quite workout what I wanted to add. Lol

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Yeah, it's tough at times figuring out what to add. For NROLFW, I ended up adding some accessories based on some weaknesses discussed with a PT during a workshop session. Well, okay the bench press on one of the upper body accessory sets is more because I like bench press and it's highly under-used in the program. No way would I go months without flat, barbell bench press. lol

I ended up with a more shoulder focused couple of workouts for one day a week, an arms set for another and then one that is glute/hamstring focused. However, I do vary on occasion. Last night I skipped the accessories cause it was just an off day. I have found some things I kind of like by adding accessories that I wanted to try, like: hip thrusts, good mornings, using the assisted chin up machine. Plus, I deadlift on occasion and bench press. So, I'll probably look for one that incorporates some of what I like and add a few others along the way.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    I did supercharged after NROL and definitely preferred it. Then I did strong lifts but I didn't get on with that so well (injuries). Now I've gone back to supercharged while my PT works on my plan
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    I love Supercharged :smile:
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    dnamouse wrote: »
    I love Supercharged :smile:

Me too. I will be done it in about eight weeks, then I am going to take the last few weeks of summer vacation to do whatever lifts or workout I feel like doing on a daily basis. Once my kids are back to school I will likely start a four day split.