Keto on T25 + Ketone Strip Question

Options
YukiBuns
YukiBuns Posts: 45 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Has anyone done Keto while doing T25 and/or Insanity? Also is taking CLA acceptable on Keto as well?

Also my Ketone strips for the past two weeks is in the Large zone. The super super dark purple color. My friends is saying thats super good and that my Ketosis is really working, yet I still haven't lost any weight in the past 2 weeks and stuck at a plateau.

Thanks for those who responds!

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Is T25 a new workout for you or have you been working out for a while? I'm wondering if you're gaining muscle? What about inches lost? Weight will come off, I don't do any of these but my weight fluctuate and I'm losing inches and gaining some muscle :)
  • YukiBuns
    Options
    Well I hit this plateau because I haven't worked out within the past month due to personal and family things happening and I'm currently out of town visiting family so my routine is basically messed up again. I'm still eating Keto and still in Ketosis. But one of my friends had bought T25 and asked me to partner with them doing it while on CLA to help burn fat faster. So yes, T25 is new and I haven't touched it yet.

I just wanted to get anyone's opinion on it regarding if they tried it with Keto or at least CLA on Keto. Since I know certain things may or may not counteract Ketosis and I don't wanna take it and fall off. Hopefully the weight will finally come off, especially in my arm area (eww.)
  • JMOON0923
    JMOON0923 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Conjugated Linoleic Acid is a fat. I'm not sure if it assists in weight loss, but I take take it and am doing Keto.
  • YukiBuns
    Options
    Okay well that information helps me out a bit. I just wanted to mainly make sure it didn't counteract Ketosis in some way. I'm being very careful about it because once I fall off Ketosis I usually gain 2-3lbs back. Not fun..
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    One thought you might consider is your dehydration level with your anticipated increased heavy activity. One indication you already might be dehydrated is the super dark purple color, although, not always the case, but you might try more water - at least 64oz day, if you don't already. I noticed it helps.
  • YukiBuns
    Options
    Okay I will try. And yes I have been dehydrated lately because I'm out of town visiting family and access to filtered water here is pretty much low in this family. (They drink from the fountain as thats how they were raised and is very old fashioned.) I noticed the difference of drinking that water again and honestly drinking it has caused a weird reaction of making my stomach extremely upset to the point I've been barely eating. Even though I'm barely eating my weight hasn't decreased and yet my body is apparently still in Ketosis according to the strips. I'm trying to get back on my regular routine but it's very hard when I'm going to be here until the middle of June. I'm trying the best I can to adjust. The filtered water I did manage to buy (since I'm visiting I have no access to any vehicle without asking for rides) and I drank through two entire cases of water within the first week of me being here. I'm also running low on food for my Keto diet as well considering the fact I have to get a ride to the nearest store. But I'll try adjusting to something during the rest of my stay and tough it out until I'm back home.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Nothing like Home Sweet Home. Sounds like you are making the best of it. I know we are spoiled. Drinking fountain water always reminds me of drinking out of a hose. Always has a weird metallic taste and always warm. Try making tea. At least it covers up the taste. LOL Good luck.
  • YukiBuns
    Options
    Thanks. And yeah, nothing like family. Love them to death. Just slowly killing me here trying to stay on track while on "vacation." lol

I think I will just drink more tea and also a bit more lemon. Lemons always helped clear up a bad stomach ache. Can't wait to get back home though so I can fully focus again.