Almost at goal... starting to look ahead at what's next....

Options
xKoalaBearx
xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
So thanks to NS, I'm down 50 something pounds, from around 200 lbs to 149 lbs and am less than 5 lbs from goal now... and at the slow pace I'm losing now, I might get there in the next month or two. I've been using this time to look at what I need to do to not gain it back, as well as set new goals.

The good news is that I pretty much don't need to change anything... keep eating within my calorie limit, fruits and veggies, weigh myself regularly, water, exercise regularly, etc.

I've been looking around MFP and there are a few other places in the message boards which have been good reads. There's this one which is especially inspiring and educational in the "Success Stories" section about a guy who was morbidly obese and now has six pack abs and we can ask him anything. You should definitely check it out.

What's cool about it is that for the most part, what he did is pretty close to what we are already doing with NS. His methods are pretty much: log food, stay near your calorie requirement. What he also does is track his macros (protein, fat and carbs) and if he hits his protein and fat minimum requirements, and stays within his calorie limits, he is free to eat whatever else he wants. We actually already do that with NS, so it seems like a natural progression after NS. It's called IIFYM (If it fits your macros).

In any case, I figured out my next goal: I'm going to go for six pack abs too! Wouldn't it be amazing to say I not only went from obese to a healthy weight on NS, but I got ripped too? I've always been the chubby kid, so this is going to be awesome.

Anyway, it means I won't be focused on losing weight anymore, but on losing body fat percentage to show off these (for now hidden) abs. It looks like I'm going to need to incorporate a weight lifting regimen to my workouts. I'm not really excited about that part, but it seems only 3 days a week is what I'll need.

If I get brave enough, I'll post pics.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is amazing. Congratulations.

And, I certainly wish you good luck as you do this. :)
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nice to be thinking in terms of maintenance as opposed to losing. I wonder what it's going to be like when I hit my goal of 200. I'm only 15 lbs away! Who wouldn't want awesome abs? Keep us posted on your progress. How much should I expect to lose per week on plan as I get closer to my goal?
  • xKoalaBearx
    Options
    For me it went from around 1.5-2 lbs per week to 1 lb per week. And now less than that. But I'm still losing inches and having to go another notch on the belt every few weeks.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I get it....i had chosen a weight goal....and thats 30+ lbs away but i feel so good and there is a clothing size i feel comfortable at....when i get there i will start my personal maintenance no matter what the scale says!
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    For me it went from around 1.5-2 lbs per week to 1 lb per week. And now less than that. But I'm still losing inches and having to go another notch on the belt every few weeks.

Nice
  • 61andHealthyMFP
    61andHealthyMFP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello and congratulations on your excellent job! I've been on maintenance for nearly six months now, and as you mentioned in your second paragraph, I am guided by Nutrisystem's principals of healthy eating/ healthy lifestyle. I really appreciate the philosophy of "Never Give Up," so if I have a moment (or a day) when I fall off maintenance, I know all it takes is getting right back on track, just like during the weight loss program. I truly believe NS's weight loss program really paves the way for our success on maintenance. I'm here in this group because I still really appreciate the support and inspiration I can get from the community. Thanks for your blog, best of luck, congratulations again, and have a great day!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Well said, 61andHealthy.
  • xKoalaBearx
    Options
    Hello and congratulations on your excellent job! I've been on maintenance for nearly six months now, and as you mentioned in your second paragraph, I am guided by Nutrisystem's principals of healthy eating/ healthy lifestyle. I really appreciate the philosophy of "Never Give Up," so if I have a moment (or a day) when I fall off maintenance, I know all it takes is getting right back on track, just like during the weight loss program. I truly believe NS's weight loss program really paves the way for our success on maintenance. I'm here in this group because I still really appreciate the support and inspiration I can get from the community. Thanks for your blog, best of luck, congratulations again, and have a great day!

Thanks. I really admire and look for tips from those who successfully maintain. I'm so worried about regaining, as is most common, and as I've done in the past. I think I understand now what I need to do to maintain.

• MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I get it....i had chosen a weight goal....and thats 30+ lbs away but i feel so good and there is a clothing size i feel comfortable at....when i get there i will start my personal maintenance no matter what the scale says!

Same for me! I am looking at clothing size and know when I reach that....
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So thanks to NS, I'm down 50 something pounds, from around 200 lbs to 149 lbs and am less than 5 lbs from goal now... and at the slow pace I'm losing now, I might get there in the next month or two. I've been using this time to look at what I need to do to not gain it back, as well as set new goals.

The good news is that I pretty much don't need to change anything... keep eating within my calorie limit, fruits and veggies, weigh myself regularly, water, exercise regularly, etc.

I've been looking around MFP and there are a few other places in the message boards which have been good reads. There's this one which is especially inspiring and educational in the "Success Stories" section about a guy who was morbidly obese and now has six pack abs and we can ask him anything. You should definitely check it out.

What's cool about it is that for the most part, what he did is pretty close to what we are already doing with NS. His methods are pretty much: log food, stay near your calorie requirement. What he also does is track his macros (protein, fat and carbs) and if he hits his protein and fat minimum requirements, and stays within his calorie limits, he is free to eat whatever else he wants. We actually already do that with NS, so it seems like a natural progression after NS. It's called IIFYM (If it fits your macros).

In any case, I figured out my next goal: I'm going to go for six pack abs too! Wouldn't it be amazing to say I not only went from obese to a healthy weight on NS, but I got ripped too? I've always been the chubby kid, so this is going to be awesome.

Anyway, it means I won't be focused on losing weight anymore, but on losing body fat percentage to show off these (for now hidden) abs. It looks like I'm going to need to incorporate a weight lifting regimen to my workouts. I'm not really excited about that part, but it seems only 3 days a week is what I'll need.

If I get brave enough, I'll post pics.

Wish me luck!

Congrats and wishing you the best!
  • alash52
    alash52 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Must feel good to be so close to goal. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
  • xKoalaBearx
    Options
    Thanks. It feels great to have gotten out of an obese level bmi then past the overweight level of bmi and finally into a healthy weight bmi. I still can't believe it's real. It feels really great to be this close to goal.

Ironically I realize that once I'm there all I'm going to do is make more goals to try and achieve.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It feels great to have gotten out of an obese level bmi then past the overweight level of bmi and finally into a healthy weight bmi. I still can't believe it's real. It feels really great to be this close to goal.

Ironically I realize that once I'm there all I'm going to do is make more goals to try and achieve.
    Next thing you know you'll be skydiving and bungee jumping!!!!