MFP Friends?

Options
flslp87
flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
I'd like some new friends who are dealing w/ the same weight loss issues that I am. Please feel free to add me. I'm going to do my best to start logging daily. And yes, having friends on the journey makes it so much easier.

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you! Here's a question for the group...is it rude of me to "unfriend" some of those young girls who friended me early on? I'm tired about reading about their beer binges or whatever else led them off track.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @suruda They probably won't even notice!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    That's what I think too...I'm voting them OFF the island!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. I unfriended quite a few a while ago
  • pwtaa
    pwtaa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend and I need a few friends myself. I am 46 a stage IV cancer surviver, celiac patient and now menopause. I need all the friends that I can get who understand what I'm going through. I think it's good when you two or more can work together to get through struggles. I know my husband would truly appreciate it too. ;)

Oh and I have unfriended a few young people in my time too so I'm with you ...the tribe has spoken.
  • msjloraine
    msjloraine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can friend both of you if you like, but so far I am not succeeding in losing, just logging and exercising regularly. I'm trying to get my eating pattern on track, so if you want in on my mission, I'd be happy to add you. If not, no need to say anything - no pressure or offense will be taken I promise. :)
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I probably have 25 lbs to lose, but I started resistance training and just determined that I need to eat more to make the workouts effective. I've only lost 4 lbs in two months but have tightened my belt two inches. Right now I'm more about increasing my strength and fitness level than eating at a deficit and losing weight so my calories are set at maintenance (though I tend stick around 1500).
  • heavyabc
    heavyabc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad others have been struggling with younger friends! I'm looking for mfp friends too so please add me. I'm 48 and had a hysterectomy 1.5 years ago due to massive fibroids. I still have my ovaries so hot flashes and night sweats are my new normal! I'm only 5'2" but 189. The past two weeks have been the longest I've been on track in 10 years! Looking forward to supporting you all !
  • jahnaca
    jahnaca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am easing myself into the friend thingie, it seems to help add a level of motivation. Feel free to add me. I am 49 and my first goal is 10 lbs but I want to do about 50.