cauliflower

Options
2»

Replies

• Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Chef from a world class spa spilled the secrets of creamy soups. Cauliflower and rice milk. He said they tried every possible combination and that is it. I've made carrot ginger bisque so far, it was great. Going to make cream of asparagus soup today.

vu4ravvnt5eg.jpg

• TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Chef from a world class spa spilled the secrets of creamy soups. Cauliflower and rice milk. He said they tried every possible combination and that is it. I've made carrot ginger bisque so far, it was great. Going to make cream of asparagus soup today.

vu4ravvnt5eg.jpg

That's interesting. I hadn't heard that tip, but I want to try it. Do you process the cauliflower and rice milk in a blender?
  • nwmeliz
    nwmeliz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Pizza crust is great! A friend made it for me, I loved it. I made it this past week, my kids were grossed out and then after it was baked...my girls tasted a bite and LOVED it. They begged me to make it again this week. It was also very filling!
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Damn I must be the only one who tried a cauliflower pizza recipe & mine ended up soggy!! :(.

Somebody please send me a detail step by step recipe, would love to try it out again. before I give up on it so sad, since those pictures posted above makes it look so great.

that cauliflower & rice milk sounds interesting going to give it a whirl :)
  • MsHulkMN
    MsHulkMN Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just made cauliflower rice ;) My kiddos ate every bite! :)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Last night I roasted some cauliflower in the oven for 15mins @ 200C... made a simple cheese sauce and sprinkled some grated pecorino romano on top.

Almost as good as homemade mac & cheese.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    111grace wrote: »
    Damn I must be the only one who tried a cauliflower pizza recipe & mine ended up soggy!! :(.

Somebody please send me a detail step by step recipe, would love to try it out again. before I give up on it so sad, since those pictures posted above makes it look so great.

that cauliflower & rice milk sounds interesting going to give it a whirl :)

Here's a link to the original pizza crust recipe posted by it's inventor http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/recipe-the-original-cauliflower-pizza-dough-2/

Did you cook it at high enough temperature and for long enough? Perhaps turn the crust over halfway through cooking. I've made it with raw fresh cauliflower, with raw frozen cauliflower, and with cooked frozen cauliflower. Mine's never been soggy so I suspect you just needed to cook it longer.
  • boopsiegrl
    boopsiegrl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like cauliflower bread you can get the recipe for it and cauliflower tortillia shells on youtube
  • crystalwise
    crystalwise Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I loved it mashed. I also love to steam it and sprinkle Old Bay on it. Man, it is so good! I love the versatility of cauliflower. I feel like when it is cooked, it takes on whatever flavor you add to it. Mashed I usually add a couple of different things like FF cottage cheese, sour cream, and a little shredded cheddar, garlic too. I love the idea of cauliflower rice. I'm going to have to try that! How would you cook it?
  • jessonsangels
    jessonsangels Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    nwmeliz wrote: »
    Cauliflower Pizza crust is great! A friend made it for me, I loved it. I made it this past week, my kids were grossed out and then after it was baked...my girls tasted a bite and LOVED it. They begged me to make it again this week. It was also very filling!

Can I asked, does it have a strong cauliflower taste?? Only my family isn't keen
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    thanks for the cauliflower pizza crust recipe link - bookmarked and can't wait to try it when a craving hits! (last time I had pizza I just ate all the toppings ;) )
  • toniwilson47
    toniwilson47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Toni here - brand new. I have made a mock baked potato soup using cauliflower, fat free chicken broth, a little fat free half and half, onion, celery and some crumbled turkey bacon - hit the spot !!
  • auntjudith254
    auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower sauce. I made it today to go with roasted chicken. I cooked the cauliflower in water and chicken broth. Sauteed garlic in olive oil. Added S and P and poultry seasoning. Blended it together until pureed. Amazing!