New here

Options
mdohse
mdohse Posts: 5 Member
Hi there, I'm new here. Been using MFP for about two weeks now. Prior to this I have done Weight Watchers many times and had pockets of success only to gain everything and more back.

In the past I've always lost weight to please my ex-husband. I was very thin when we met and 13 years of marriage and 3 kids later I was a completely different person, inside and out. He seemed so unhappy with how I looked that I thought if I was just thinner he would love me more. That never worked, and he ended our marraige 3 1/2 years ago.

Since then I've learned that there are plenty of men who are attracted to me just the way I am, and I've learned to love myself in a way I never had before (even when I was thin). I've found a man who thinks I'm beautiful no matter what I look like and loves me for whoever I am at the moment.

I feel like this is the right time to start this weight loss journey again because for the first time in my life I'm doing it for myself. I don't need to lose weight to get a man, or keep a man...I want to lose weight because I feel horrible! I am tired all the time, it hurts to bend over to do simple things like tie my shoes or put my socks on, my pants are getting too tight to button, and I just want to sleep all the time. I suffer from bi-polar disorder as well and I believe my weight is playing a part in that too. I think if I was healthier physically it would be easier to be healthy mentally.

Anyway, there is the short version of my life story and why I'm here. I have a lot of support at home, but sometimes you just need that something extra to keep you going.

Starting weight: 339 lbs
Current weight: 332 lbs
Goal weight: 299 lbs (for now)

Melissa

Replies

• Ginnaye2014
    Ginnaye2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am so glad you are here and ready to do this. I have depression and anxiety issues and I think exercise and a proper diet will help as well. :-) :-) :-)
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    After the intitial anxiety of starting a routine, exercise is a great way to clear out emotions.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group hope you enjoy us :)
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this amazing, friendly group :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Welcome!