c25k by distance...please share your experiences

Options
fit4life_73
fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
This time I decided to do the program by distance. I started at week 3 because I was already doing interval runs. So far its been the best choice for me. I mostly run on the treadmill. My pace is 12 min/mile which means I'm running slightly longer than the time version. I'm starting week 5 today and trying not to get intimidated by the 2 mile run. This is usually the point where I quit when running by time. This is the first time I've felt like I can do this. I'm actually looking forward to the challenge.

Why did you decide to do distance vs time? How did you handle the runs after wk 6?

TIA

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I did the distance version, because I wanted to be able to run 5k when I finished. The distances were daunting, but I just tried to remember to slow down and push through.
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Which app are you using that does distance? I'm curious about this too, and would like to check it out.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I bought the RunDouble c25k app. The first 2 weeks are free and are for time. After that, you can choose distance or time. I chose distance and continued the distance throughout the 5 to 10k part also. (included in the app I purchased.)
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I did distance as well. If it was hard, I just ran slower. It got easier.

Week 5 seems terrifying on paper, but once you do it (you can, and you will!), it's the best feeling ever.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    Which app are you using that does distance? I'm curious about this too, and would like to check it out.

I'm not using an app. I follow the cool running c25k. It shows both time and distance. I used mapmyrun to create a few outdoor routes in my neighborhood.

• fit4life_73
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I ran w5d1 yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.