Lol good job
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :p
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    *sigh* and right below it is this "new-to-atkins-diet" thread which totally shows why low-carb people need a better place.

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    The thread goat posted seems almost canned, it's like reading a textbook. And you're brave OP, very brave.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Let them take their best shot, I can take it :) I spent about 4 years in the main forums defending myself and those like me before I retired to the peace that is The Low Carber Daily Forum.
  • SueM86
    SueM86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ha ha - that is brilliant!
  • SueM86
    SueM86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    And goodness how depressing that Atkins thread is! Hope the poster sticks to her guns and does wha makes her feel better, not what everyone else things will work for her!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Love it. Staying away from the Atkins thread. I just don't have it in me today, lol.
  • Artemis68
    Artemis68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I messaged the op from the Atkins thread. She said she's going to stick with low carb as she feels best while doing it. I sent her the link to our group...don't know if she joined yet.
  • Artemis68
    Options
    Whoa, I posted here then went and actually looked at your post. That's awesome!!! Do they actually delete posts like that? If so, what kind of rule is it violating?
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Well done! Just bumped it. :smile:
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I love how people in the main boards area say all you'll lose is water weight eating low carb. SMH. Yes, because I went from a size 18 to 12 and clearly that's ALL water.
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    another good thread in the main forums (so far all positive!) on a girl who lost while doing HFLC - yes...come to the "dark side"! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10170488/i-finally-think-i-am-hot-again/p1
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love how people in the main boards area say all you'll lose is water weight eating low carb. SMH. Yes, because I went from a size 18 to 12 and clearly that's ALL water.

LOL!!
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Artemis68 wrote: »
    Whoa, I posted here then went and actually looked at your post. That's awesome!!! Do they actually delete posts like that? If so, what kind of rule is it violating?

Nah I don't think they delete it, but since they introduced that stupid flag function the angry carbers will flag anything they don't agree with. I've received about 40 flags so far just from commenting on posts with my opinion. Nothing rude or nasty, just a comment.
  • Artemis68
    Options
    Geez that's ridiculous. Just looking at the "eat bacon, jog less" thread it's so awesome that conversation are more grown up here. It's okay to not agree.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    another good thread in the main forums (so far all positive!) on a girl who lost while doing HFLC - yes...come to the "dark side"! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10170488/i-finally-think-i-am-hot-again/p1

I just linked them to the OP's post! the more the merrier, I say.

• plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    People fail with low carb when they get to their goal weight and go back to eating the way they were before. This is true of almost any "diet". If you're going to change the way you eat, it has to be a permanent solution and become a lifestyle. Incorporate exercise and you're gold :smiley:

Personally I love low carb. My energy is way more even, I smell and taste things better. Love it.
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow I obviously need more coffee. I meant to post this in the main forum LOL
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious. Not a single negative comment on that "now I'm hot again" post... Mostly because they can't argue those pics I guess...
This discussion has been closed.