One Minute Muffin anyone?

Options
lauraesh0384
lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
2yxokro.jpg

These are actually really good. And yes, it really only takes one minute to make. :smile: The possibilities are endless. My favourite way to make them is to add banana extract. It's also really good to add a little canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice then top with cream cheese icing (low carb of course!)

Each muffin (both halves) is only 270 calories and 3g net carbs. Not to mention it's loaded with fiber thanks to the flaxseed.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin stuff is probably one of the few things I still sometimes miss, since going carnivore. But, I know I don't handle fiber well and pumpkin stuff is also stuff I tend to binge on and lose control with. Still, it looks tempting.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have to be in a mood for them, and as I don't crave sweets I hardly ever make them. The last one I made 2 months ago with blueberries was pretty good :)
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Is that the one with flax seeds, an egg and spices?
  • lauraesh0384
    Options

Yes. The recipe I got from Low Carb Friends uses egg, melted butter, heavy whipping cream, flaxseed, cinnamon and Splenda. :)

I don't crave sweets as much either, but this is a good way for me to get more fiber in.

• yeswehave8
    yeswehave8 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ugh, you had me til Splenda. Me and artificial sweeteners don't blend. It looks good, though!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options

Yes. The recipe I got from Low Carb Friends uses egg, melted butter, heavy whipping cream, flaxseed, cinnamon and Splenda. :)

I don't crave sweets as much either, but this is a good way for me to get more fiber in.

Sounds better than the one I do. Flax seed, am egg and stevia. Lol. Feel a bit rabbitish eating it lol
  • lauraesh0384
    Options
    yeswehave8 wrote: »
    Ugh, you had me til Splenda. Me and artificial sweeteners don't blend. It looks good, though!

I'm sure you could try it without the Splenda. I'm not sure how much the taste would be effected though. Some people actually omit the sweet components and make it more of a savory muffin for sandwiches and what not. I'm not sure that'd taste very good, though lol. Admittedly I've never tried it.
  • lauraesh0384
    Options

Sounds better than the one I do. Flax seed, am egg and stevia. Lol. Feel a bit rabbitish eating it lol

I'm not quite sure I could do that lol. The texture alone is kind of off putting, but I still eat it because I like the taste.

• Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I add a couple of teaspoons on cocoa powder and tastes like a dense chocolate cake.
  • me_ona_diet
    me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This has been one of my staples. I make one at least once a week, if not more.
    I like the idea of adding in the extract or cocoa, I'll have to try that!
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    The muffin in a mug is something I make for hubby but I use almond flour/ground almonds instead of flax(YUK!) and for all thinsg needing sweetening I use Erythritol as it has no nasty aftertaste and you use it cup for cup. Add different flavours such as lemon zest, cocoa powder, walnuts and cinnamon or coffee and walnuts. so easy and satifies hubby....esp with cream poured over it when its still warm!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My favorite version is with garlic and parmesan cheese.....then toast it and slather with butter. Ummmmm. I havent tried garlic cheddar but it's on the to do list.
  • lauraesh0384
    Options
    I also used to make a chocolate version, but I didn't use as much flax. I basically used an egg, HWC, Splenda, cocoa, vanilla, butter and baking powder. I'd add one tablespoon of flax just to make it more dense. Sometimes I'd top it with cream cheese icing.
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it this time round but used to make these savoury with grated cheese and proper Marmite in. Then when cooked smother them in butter. Mmmmm
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Marmite!! Yaaaayyyyyy! :)B)
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    jumanajane wrote: »
    Marmite!! Yaaaayyyyyy! :)B)

I'm a bit of a marmite fiend, my collection has taken over my living room much to my family's annoyance!