Where do you find the time?

Options
cmmanning1987
cmmanning1987 Posts: 3 Member
Ok mommies. I have an issue with finding the time to workout. I work 8-5 Mon-Fri, but we leave the house by 650 every morning. I'm usually up by 545 and ready by 630, leaving 20 minutes to get my son ready and out the door. We get home around 6 every night and by the time we do dinner, bath, and his bedtime routine, we're getting ready for bed to do it all over again the next day. Any suggestions on fitting in a workout without losing family time?

Replies

• adri_rene208
    adri_rene208 Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ok mommies. I have an issue with finding the time to workout. I work 8-5 Mon-Fri, but we leave the house by 650 every morning. I'm usually up by 545 and ready by 630, leaving 20 minutes to get my son ready and out the door. We get home around 6 every night and by the time we do dinner, bath, and his bedtime routine, we're getting ready for bed to do it all over again the next day. Any suggestions on fitting in a workout without losing family time?

I have a similar schedule- I have an hour lunch break so I try and fit in a 20-30 min walk, I also live near my job so I sometimes run home and do my 30 day shred dvd. After dinner and bath time is when I get my workout in (Ive been working out from home) if its before bedtime she is usually playing nearby or cheering me on. If its close to her bedtime I usually put her to bed and then workout. Ive found that if I stay up later to workout/ shower and get my things together for the following day Im not rushing like I was when Id get up early to workout, the latest I'm in bed is 10:30
  • chy79
    chy79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I leave the house for work by 6.45am. i try as much as possible to get my 3 kids in bed by 7.30pm. Once they are in bed, i do my workouts. I also try to go for a walk during lunch. i have a group of co-workers who also want to lose weight that join me during lunch so we try to encourage each other.
  • chy79
    chy79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to get me kids involved over the weekend by going for walks, biking or playing soccer