Hello!

Options
Itreadlightly
Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
I have been dieting/ walking for 2 months because "everything" was was falling apart. I have probably lost 20 lbs- I was too afraid to face the scale- now I found this wonderful app I can eat without worry! Glad to find a group my age ( 61 in 3 days)
I did finally weigh myself and it's all ok! Really just want to feel good.

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Welcome, we are a supportive and friendly group here, men and women. We have some threads you might want to read. What's working, interesting reads, recipes and tips, and of course a monthly challenge, you decide what your challenge is and report on your progress.

Do you use an activity tracker, so you can see your calories burned? Or just walking because it is an enjoyable form of movement?

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome....this is a great group of gorgeous, young at heart, international rebels......we will not be put in the "old" box! lol

I walk every day just because it's a great and easy form of exercise which I can do at any time...outdoors or even indoors .... I also swim and do Zumba when I can get myself to the local sports centre .....all good!! :)

Jean
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You are welcome. We offer positive encouragement and knowledgeable tips. Walking is terrific, and we even have our methods to get in walks when housebound by weather! We comment on each others' diaries, helping each other toward our goals, whether weight loss, maintaining a healthy weight, or striving for better fitness.
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am not tracking except through the MFP app. I walk on my treadmill and do some light weights. I live in the country and it is 3 hilly miles to the mailbox so I walk that weather permiting. Nice to "meet" you all!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Pam! I love your photos ~ Kathy in Massachusetts
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You will find one of the most supportive groups on mfp here! (I am sure of it!)