Where are we from/Events

Options
2»

Replies

• gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    London - I swim in the local pool in Lewisham (South East London) mainly...
  • katec418
    katec418 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here! Originally from upstate NY, but live in Cedar Hill TX. I have recently found an indoor 25 yard pool. Many of the pools here are only open during the summer, are outdoors and aren't 25 yards, so I was excited to find one that was!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    katec418 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm new here! Originally from upstate NY, but live in Cedar Hill TX. I have recently found an indoor 25 yard pool. Many of the pools here are only open during the summer, are outdoors and aren't 25 yards, so I was excited to find one that was!

Welcome! That is great news about the pool. This is a great group to be part of.

My sister just moved to the Ft. Worth area after years of living in Florida. I don't think Cedar Hill is where she ended up but it sure sounds familiar as one of the places she was looking.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Kate!!! How far upstate NY did you call home?
  • katec418
    katec418 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am originally from a small town called Ephratah, about an hour west of Albany.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm 2 hours south & a bit east of there.....
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is a spread out bunch.

Southern Ontario, bit outside the GTA area. Doing the North Shore Challenge and the LOST swim this year. :)
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Southern Ontario, bit outside the GTA area. Doing the North Shore Challenge and the LOST swim this year. :)

LOST swim? Do you swim to an island in purgatory? Run away from a smoke beast? Travel to the past and future?
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options

LOST swim? Do you swim to an island in purgatory? Run away from a smoke beast? Travel to the past and future?
    Lol. That would be cool. But, less excitingly, it stands for Lake Ontario swim team.
  • Beneita
    Beneita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LOL! Stephen!!!
  • planetbk
    planetbk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Stephen. I'm just up the road a spell from you, outside Raleigh, NC. I swim every other day at a wellness center through the local hospital.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    planetbk wrote: »
    Hey Stephen. I'm just up the road a spell from you, outside Raleigh, NC. I swim every other day at a wellness center through the local hospital.

Woot for another carolina swimmer ...
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I'm from Hastings in New Zealand! Swam competitively in the 80s started back last year after 27 years off lol.

This season I hope to do the North
    Island championships the New Zealand Masters Games and the long course nationals again. In the 2016-17 season I want to do the Australasian Police and Emergency Services games and the World Masters. All of which depends on if/when my bicep tendon fully ruptures and what happens with my subscapularis tear!!
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    All of which depends on if/when my bicep tendon fully ruptures and what happens with my subscapularis tear!!
    Lol! You sound like you're almost looking forward to the big day! Lol!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    All of which depends on if/when my bicep tendon fully ruptures and what happens with my subscapularis tear!!
    Lol! You sound like you're almost looking forward to the big day! Lol!

Haha hell no!
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    West Coast of the US, anyone? I'm in Portland, OR. I swim at my local community center through the Portland Parks and Rec. I don't have any events planned. I am too new and slow, although there's nothing like a goal to get a person working harder!!

WOT?! Me too! Although I swim through North Clackamas Parks and Rec. Also no events, because, well, I'm not about that (yet).