Hello!

Options
jwat90
jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
I'm 43 yrs old, married with a teenage daughter. This is my second time around with MFP. I need to lose 70 lbs. I lost 20 lbs the first time and gained it all back! Ugh! But I'm back to try again. It really is harder for me to lose weight after I turned 40. This looks like a great group for support.

Replies

• Anyabean17
    Anyabean17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same here. 40s, teenager, too... 2nd time around for me. A little nervous about posting. I have never joined a group, so this is unknown territory.
  • kristinareisinger
    kristinareisinger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It takes courage to join in on MFP! It would be so easy to just go it alone - without support or accountability. I think that's why I am back for my second attempt as well. I need a network too!
  • ThatGirl_1968
    ThatGirl_1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies - I'm a second timer to MFP too and this time around started adding friends on MFP and posting almost daily. It definitely helps with making it more fun and social, but also is a great motivator to get the "likes" and "atta girl" from eating to plan or working out. It's also a great way to get ideas for menus and workouts. Feel free to look at my profile and send me a message if you'd like to add me :-)
  • Jenkorp72
    Jenkorp72 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow it seems we are all in the same boat! Second timers, kids, nervous wrecks! Lol this is such a caring community! We can do this together!
  • kimgordon73
    kimgordon73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have come back and left so many times that I cant remember what "time" Im on lol. But I have always found success with MFP. I am a married mom of 5 my youngest being only 2 months old. I have already lost all the baby weight but now I have to lose the weight that I put on when baby #4 came, then I will work on kids 1 thru 3! lol. I had lost 100lbs before baby #4 but put on 36 lbs when he came. I dont regret a pound cuz I love all my kids but I really need to be healthy and fast on my feet, I dont want all these kids to think they rule the roost! Good luck everyone! I know we can do this!!